Sablon Ethernet - 2020 model

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Hmmm, getting warm Howie but is actually @50% of the plugs I needed for my order backlog. The box does however include a number of M12 plugs for the harnesses I am making for 10 Gold switch owners.

Reactions: howiebrou

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Thanks to Ray-Dude for his wonderful coverage of my ethernet cable as part of his thesis on Extreme!

Like my “first 10 seconds” reaction when hearing the Sablon 2020 USB cable and Sablon Prince power cord, the Sablon 2020 ethernet cable comes across as neutral, transparent, coherent, invisible and just right – “Yup, we’re done testing here...let’s enjoy some music”. Mark is really on a roll, and I’m loving everything I’m hearing from him.

So what is going on with the Sablon ethernet cable that is resulting in this striking level of impact? The Sablon cable is quite impressive, with Cat 8.1 Telegärtner connectors, robust shielding, and Mark’s favorite conductors. These connectors are distinguished by extremely high bandwidth (bandwidth seems to be emerging as a key measure for ethernet cables and audio). Mark uses his favorite conductors for the body of the cable itself, with 5 layers of shielding. Is the extreme bandwidth + shielding + conductor quality what is creating this synergy with the Extreme? Clearly, the Sablon ethernet cable is keeping up with the Extreme much better than the other Cat 8 cables I have on hand. Even for cabling, speed seems to make a big impact with the Extreme.

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/revi...the-taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-part-4-of-5-r910/

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Directionality is a question I am often asked about. The design is innately symetrical however I mark up the cable with different coloured shrink at the ends so that people can at least use it consistently after burn in. Red goes router side and this is reinforced by the writing on the shrinks reading in the direction of the signal flow. Old-skool style.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
My 2020 Ethernet cable arrived last week. A bit of the usual break-in ups and downs, primarily bass appearing and disappearing and harshness for the first 24 hours. Now 100+ hours in I think it has started to settle.
The mid band meat on the bones as well as air and detail are amazing. For me the perfect amount of both. Strings, horns, keyboard are wonderful. Listening to Silfra as I type is just mesmerizing...

(Be forewarned that this cable is stiff, so dressing it might take a bit more effort.....)

Reactions: Sablon Audio

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Well the Sablon 2020 ethernet cable has been with me for a little over 24 hrs. Up to now I have been using a quality cable that came with my HP printer and then connected to a Melco S100 switch powered by a Plixir LPS and then connected to my Extreme and Lampizator Pacific. I let it run overnight into the Extreme. Bear in mind that the router to Melco is still a 50cents cable which I thought might be a bottleneck.

First impressions, density significantly on the up. Not necessarily higher resolution (which is not something i crave) but more layers in the orchestra and a general ease without fatigue that I have not encountered before. I am liking it a lot and I don't even know how much this cable goes for.

So far it has ticked a lot of boxes and meant my turntable was not on today. That, to me, is the proof that means something to me. I just wish I had another one to connect to my router...

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
So my "Demo" Sablon Audio "2020" Ethernet cable just arrived from across the pond last Friday and I have had an extensive listen over the last few days, general observations:

Bass is the biggest improvement, now much more real sounding, natural tone, in fact I was listening to "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson and the bass line by the acclaimed UK bassist Guy Pratt just sounds glorious, another example is "Tearing the Playhouse down" by Paul Young with the magnificent Pino Palladino on fretless bass, easily the best I have heard it sound.

Noise Floor has an easily appreciable drop, especially noticeable on quite passages such as on "Bad Man's Song" by Tear for Fears, around 6.09 you can really hear a small "Splash" cymbal of around 8", just so very detailed, so transparent.

Soundstage is another area of noticeable improvement, listening to "Island" by the Art Of Noise is wider and deeper and you get a beautiful sense of lushness that I have not heard in the pass.

Dynamics are another area that has been improved, on "For Those About To Rock" by AC/DC just thunders along as if you were almost at one of their shows, another track that is a prime example "I Gear" by Sigur Ros that starts with a silky smooth Xylofone and then shortly after there is a huge wack on a floor tom that jump starts this song before settling down to Jonsi's unique voice, one more example to prove this point is "Expo 2000 (Kling Klang Mix 2001) by Kraftwerk and this sounds simply bombastic turned up loud.

In short a very nice uptick on the previous version, now just to e-mail Mark at Sablon and order mine and send the present demo on its way to the next lucky recipient.

Regards to all
rgmd11

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing