Roon "Error"

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Thanks for the advice. I’ll try the things you suggested and get back. What operating system do I need? Maybe time for a new computer also.
Well, it would be informative to know if you're on MacOS, Windows, Linux, etc.

Labpro

Apr 13, 2020
Boston
Sorry about that. I’m on Windows. That’s what happens when an analogue guy try’s to stream music

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I'm not a windows guy but Taiko has plenty of Mac as well as PC customers. Note however, that Taiko service is oriented primarily to their Extreme customers and not necessarily folks with Roon issues using other servers as you might expect. Have you looked on the usual Roon forums for guidance?

Labpro

Apr 13, 2020
Boston
I’m fortunate to have some local audiophiles that will bring things over to try. I’m going to give the Gustard X-26 Pro a try as compared to my Lampizator. I’ll report back. I’d still prefer to get a computer to work with the Lampizator.

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
Did your Lampizator retailer walk you through installing any necessary USB drivers?

If your computer is updated for that and you still don't have sound, I agree with the comment above about seeking support on the Roon community forum. (I strongly suspect USB, not Roon, configuration... but that's just a hunch.)

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I solved this in both of my places by making an audio only network from a standalone router then use a single network switch off this router.
All network audio uses this switch only. I’m sure there are other options as well. The router has a Wi-Fi for iPads or what ever but I keep the router as far as I can from anything audio being used

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing