Reno Hi Fi Closing In 2024

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
I bought my Pass Gear from Mark at Reno HiFi, and as it turns out Mike at Suncoast is my local dealer… everything else I have I bought from him. Pass Labs couldn’t have made a better choice… IMHO.

Reactions: puroagave and RickS

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
That's nice to hear. Even though I'm on the opposite side of the country, I'm glad someone has stepped in with a program similar to Reno Hi-Fi's.

Reactions: Glide3 and Pokey77

RickS

May 23, 2018
NW Indiana
Soo, I’ve checked back at the Suncoast website repeatedly over the last couple months and they don’t appear to have had any pre owned Pass Labs products to sell. I’m getting a feeling they’re simply not going to be the next Reno HiFi. Maybe something else, but not Reno.

Howard

Mar 22, 2014
Soo, I’ve checked back at the Suncoast website repeatedly over the last couple months and they don’t appear to have had any pre owned Pass Labs products to sell. I’m getting a feeling they’re simply not going to be the next Reno HiFi. Maybe something else, but not Reno.

Perhaps.

On the other hand, Reno cleared out most or all of their used Pass gear before shutting down. I don’t see how Suncoast (or anyone else) can start selling used Pass gear until they first build up an inventory of new Pass gear and then start taking trade-ins (which have to be shipped back to Pass Labs for refurbishment and then shipped back to Suncoast). It’s a process.

Reno didn’t become what it was overnight. The ability to trade-in trade-up was key to Reno’s success and I can’t imagine Suncoast overlooking this part of the business. I’d give it some more time before making a judgement on this. Just sayin’.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing