REL T Zero crossover knob - why there are no other frequencies marked in between???

mirekti

Feb 3, 2015
Dallas, TX
The crossover knob goes from 30Hz to 120Hz.
Does anyone know if the crossover scale on T series Subwoofer is linear i.e. 75Hz at 12 o'clock?
(120-30=90 so half way there is 45 plus starting point at 30Hz gives 75Hz at 12 o'clock)

Last edited:

JustinM

May 11, 2017
Oakland, CA
mirekti,

The scale on the crossover control is not linear, so I'm pretty sure 12 o'clock is not -3dB point at 75Hz. It's closer to 50Hz.
In our experience setting up Tzeros, 12 o'clock is the best place to start with both the crossover and level controls. Most room set are within +/- 3 clicks from that 12 o'clock position. By click, I mean the detents you can feel with exercising the controls.

I'm sorry there are no marks between the min and max of the crossover control of the Tzero. I'm sure this was a style decision.

Hope this helps,

Justin
Chief Engineer
REL Acoustics

Reactions: paolo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing