Recommended LED Panel Lights

psx2k1

May 15, 2023
Hi,

I am hoping I can get some guidance in the area of LED panel lights. I just purchased a GVM 880rs..but it's smaller than I expected.

I would like an LED panel that would be strong enough to light up the dance floor of a reception area. I have seen larger panels.

Can anyone recommend a larger LED panel? Either from the same brand or another brand that you've had a good experience with?

Thank you

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi,

I am hoping I can get some guidance in the area of LED panel lights. I just purchased a GVM 880rs..but it's smaller than I expected.

I would like an LED panel that would be strong enough to light up the dance floor of a reception area. I have seen larger panels.

Can anyone recommend a larger LED panel? Either from the same brand or another brand that you've had a good experience with?

Thank you
Hi
I assume you don't need them to be colour accurate, do you? Maybe you should look for party/scene equipment, that is meant to handle larger spaces.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Can you please clarify what you mean by having them be color accurate?
Photography lighting has to be colour accurate, meaning the light it emits has to meet a certain accuracy to a reference. For example white can be represented as 5500K, or 6500K. It's still white, but one is cool and has a blue tint, while the other is warm and has a yellow tint. While it is very important for pictures, so they have the right white balance, it won't be neccesary for your usage.

psx2k1

May 15, 2023
Photography lighting has to be colour accurate, meaning the light it emits has to meet a certain accuracy to a reference. For example white can be represented as 5500K, or 6500K. It's still white, but one is cool and has a blue tint, while the other is warm and has a yellow tint. While it is very important for pictures, so they have the right white balance, it won't be neccesary for your usage.
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification, although I did figure you were asking about colour accuracy brought on by the light.

To answer your question, yes, I would like to get a good light panel that would be able to get me color accuracy over large areas. I realize now that I wasn't clear about that in my original post.

I find myself often doing white balancing/color correction during post since the lighting wasn't very good. Since I am still learning about the science of lighting, I am trying to figure out the best brand of LED light that could help me achieve the best results in terms of lighting a large area as well as giving me the most accurate colors.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification, although I did figure you were asking about colour accuracy brought on by the light.

To answer your question, yes, I would like to get a good light panel that would be able to get me color accuracy over large areas. I realize now that I wasn't clear about that in my original post.

I find myself often doing white balancing/color correction during post since the lighting wasn't very good. Since I am still learning about the science of lighting, I am trying to figure out the best brand of LED light that could help me achieve the best results in terms of lighting a large area as well as giving me the most accurate colors.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
You're welcome! I would look for LED RGBW panels, that have a set of white diodes together with coloured ones. This way, your white will always be at the right temperature, since it's emitted by a diode, not mixed from colours. You can find those in many colours including 5500K and 6500K.

psx2k1

May 15, 2023
Hi!

Thanks for the info. This information will definitely help me in finding the right set of lights.

I have another question: do you know of a forum I can go to to get advice as to how I can improve my computer's performance?

I currently do video editing on an alienware computer. The issue is that it's been slowing down alot when I try to edit High Def video. I am wondering if I need to upgrade certain components or my computer or perhaps I just need to format and do a clean install.

If you have any suggestions as to where I can go, please let me know, thanks

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Hi!

Thanks for the info. This information will definitely help me in finding the right set of lights.

I have another question: do you know of a forum I can go to to get advice as to how I can improve my computer's performance?

I currently do video editing on an alienware computer. The issue is that it's been slowing down alot when I try to edit High Def video. I am wondering if I need to upgrade certain components or my computer or perhaps I just need to format and do a clean install.

If you have any suggestions as to where I can go, please let me know, thanks
The usual suspects are RAM (do you have 32GB?), and processor (what are you rocking?). Do you have a Nvidia graphics card? Which program are you using?
My go-to forum would be https://linustechtips.com/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing