recommend a venue for live music

Robh3606

Aug 24, 2010
Destiny
That depends on what you are looking for. I like small venues where you can get up as close as you want and actually get to meet the artists. That's my speed more about the live music experience than the sound.

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
I have never been but from what I have read and the recordings I have, Wigmore Hall is the bomb.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have never been but from what I have read and the recordings I have, Wigmore Hall is the bomb.

I go there often it's behind Oxford street. They get great performers, especially for leider, quartets, violinists, choir, pianists. Play different stuff other than the classic records or speakers corner catalog. Acoustically it is not as good as kings place, another similar sized venue in London, and definitely not the Sheldonian. But you can listen to something there almost daily. Standing is 10 quid, back rows are 15 to 20 and since it is small does not really matter if you sit at the front or the back or even the side

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Hollywood Bowl and Pacific Amphitheater Irvine are good as well as the Greek for out door venues.

Number9

Oct 15, 2018
I go there often it's behind Oxford street. They get great performers, especially for leider, quartets, violinists, choir, pianists. Play different stuff other than the classic records or speakers corner catalog. Acoustically it is not as good as kings place, another similar sized venue in London, and definitely not the Sheldonian. But you can listen to something there almost daily. Standing is 10 quid, back rows are 15 to 20 and since it is small does not really matter if you sit at the front or the back or even the side
Interesting..ty Bonzo.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I admit I was dragged kicking and screaming to the conclusion that rooms have a sonic signature. A sobering experience was had by me while in South Carolina at Christmas time.. A trumpet player was sitting in his yard playing Christmas carols. It was just natural and uncolored . I thought was not probable to get such a sound outside the great concert halls.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I have a soft spot for the outdoor concerts at Chateau Ste. Michelle in Woodinville, WA. You can't beat the atmosphere.... the sound is really good, depending on who runs the boards.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing