RCA or Balanced output in Lampizator

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Hi Guys

Looking for your advise about the sound quality difference between RCA and Balanced output in Lampizator GG2/Pacific, i want to order an Aries Cerat preamp and sounds like it's better to use its RCA input, anyone has compared the sound quality for both RCA and Balanced output in Lampizator GG2/Pacific? Since im using the Balanced cable to connect with my active speakers now, i dont have a quality RCA cable and preamp to do the comparison myself, really appreciate exisitng Pacific/GG2 users to shate tour experience, especially those experts who are using Aries Cerat preamp as well

Thx so much

Cheers
Joe

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Looking for your advise about the sound quality difference between RCA and Balanced output in Lampizator GG2/Pacific, i want to order an Aries Cerat preamp and sounds like it's better to use its RCA input, anyone has compared the sound quality for both RCA and Balanced output in Lampizator GG2/Pacific? Since im using the Balanced cable to connect with my active speakers now, i dont have a quality RCA cable and preamp to do the comparison myself, really appreciate exisitng Pacific/GG2 users to shate tour experience, especially those experts who are using Aries Cerat preamp as well.
Hey Joe

I'm going via RCA SE from my SE Lampis into the Incito and with XLR-out Balanced into my Kronzilla (it has only XLR-in). Works like a charm :cool:
When I'm using other Amps, I use RCA or XLR, depending on the Amps.

My Incito has 1 XLR-in and several RCA-in and 1 XLR-out and 1 RCA-out.
The damned thing with the outputs is that I can't use both XLR-out AND RCA-out at the same time together :(
I would love to do that for Bi-Amping or adding a subwoofer.

If I would order new, I would ask to have parallel usable outputs, at least for one type (XLR or RCA)

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
Hey Joe

I'm going via RCA SE from my SE Lampis into the Incito and with XLR-out Balanced into my Kronzilla (it has only XLR-in). Works like a charm :cool:
When I'm using other Amps, I use RCA or XLR, depending on the Amps.

My Incito has 1 XLR-in and several RCA-in and 1 XLR-out and 1 RCA-out.
The damned thing with the outputs is that I can't use both XLR-out AND RCA-out at the same time together :(
I would love to do that for Bi-Amping or adding a subwoofer.

If I would order new, I would ask to have parallel usable outputs, at least for one type (XLR or RCA)
Thanks everyone's inputs and i just ordered an Incito S and going to use the RCA connection with Pacific

I still go for a balanced Pacific since i love the 242 so much and only roll the rectifier tube :) Also, it gives me the flexibility to work with another true balance preamp ( e.g. Pilium) when i built my horn system in future

I feel so blessed to get many valuable inputs from WBF experts and hopefully i can get these new toys before Xmas time, the only outstanding item is the RCA cables between them, need to study again to find something suit my taste, i got a few HFC pro series cables and really like their sound, however, i dont have enough space to add another set due to the massive magnetic waveguard and need to search something else

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
I have a new balanced B7. I have tried multiple times the SE outputs- afraid I am missing the “single ended triode magic”. I always go back to balanced. For me it is a noticeably quieter, blacker background and just seems to have more jump, more “there” and all the good descripters.

My theory is the balanced Lampi versions are designed to sound best running balanced and the SE versions are designed to sound best SE.

Reactions: Bobofei86 and sujay

Bobofei86

Apr 11, 2021
I have a new balanced B7. I have tried multiple times the SE outputs- afraid I am missing the “single ended triode magic”. I always go back to balanced. For me it is a noticeably quieter, blacker background and just seems to have more jump, more “there” and all the good descripters.

My theory is the balanced Lampi versions are designed to sound best running balanced and the SE versions are designed to sound best SE.
Thx Cpcat and your input is very useful, i may need to change the configuration of my pacific to SE to get the best result then

Zappadaddy

Dec 27, 2020
Czech rep
I have a balance version. Lampi office adviced :
For now, what Andrzej suggests:
You can get the SE functionality by removing two big and one small front tubes and then set the VC on Max 0 Db. This way you get SE, no VC but you can still switch inputs with remote what is very useful.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing