Ray Donovan - Ray Donovan Teaser Trailer

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This new series which debuts this coming week on Showtime after the season opener of Dexter looks really good and has a terrific cast of characters. I'm a huge Dexter fan so I plan on staying tuned to catch the series opener of this new series

and if the trailer interested you, here is the first episode to further stimulate your curiosity

kleinbje

Dec 20, 2012
CT
Steve the first episode is on demand, so you can watch it now! It's awesome, by Anne Biderman from Southland

Steve Williams

I took your advice and watched the first episode of Ray Donovan last night. First thoughts are that it has potential but episode one didn't outright draw me in but offered enough to make me want more. It seems that episode one presented us with so many subplots and characters that it was a little difficult to assimilate due to the fast pace of the episode.

Suffice it to say that Ray Donovan is a "fixer" in Hollywood where he works for a movie studio attempting to fix situations created by some of it's actors. He has a family, wife, daughter and son as well as 2 brothers, one with Parkinson's disease who runs a boxing gym and another brother whose life was shattered at an early age when he was molested and raped by a priest. He apparently wins a $1.4M judgment vs the church but his life is never the same bouncing in and out of rehab for drug abuse as well as therapy groups. They also had a sister who, while high on drugs, killed herself by jumping off the top of a building. Then there is their father played by Jon Voigt who, at the beginning of the film is released from 20 years in prison for a crime that he was set up for by none other than Ray. Immediately out of jail he returns to their city and finds the priest who raped his son, puts a gun in his mouth and blows him away. Then the father returns to the family unit where everyone seems to fear him. He is one evil dude as he begins to snort coke together with the son who was raped.

Ray tells everyone that if their father is allowed back in he will destroy the business they have developed and then the fun begins.

Elliot Gould plays Ezra who apparently is the biggest influence in Ray's life as he helped him establish his business.

While I didn't find this new series on a par of some of my favorites, it never the less did have some interesting plots and subplots to make me want more

7/10

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
I had my doubts about Wolverine's brother in a lead role but he turned out to be more than ok. Looking forward to the next episode.

Steve Williams

Caught episode 2 last evening and I must say this show is heating up and is getting very interesting. All the characters are well played and we can only anticipate what horrors Ray's father Mickey (played by Jon Voigt) will bring as he catches up with Ray's family even after Ray told him that he will kill him (his father) if he catches him near his family.

Liev Schreiber remains stone faced throughout all of his scenes with nary ever a smile

This series is worth watching

Showtime, Sundays at 10:00 after Dexter

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Both my wife and I are really enjoying this show. Starting to see where all of the characters fit in. My only issue is how different Ray is from his two brothers even considering the issues each of them is dealing with.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
My wife loves this but I'm having a hard time getting into it. I'm going to give a couple more episodes...

Steve Williams

Well Season one ended last evening and I must admit that I remain on the fence about this series. It just seems too slow moving and very predictable. Just in time for next week's season opener of Homeland :)

The one high light of the show IMO was the resurgence of the career of Jon Voigt who I really believe should win the Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Series or mini series

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing