Preamp shootout...Predictions on which will be the best?

Nascimento

Aug 12, 2016
Brasil
This has been a very informative journey. I placed an order today (after demo)....for an Accuphase C-3900. I've also found in my system I prefer the Mu1 Tambaqui combination over the Mu2. I have a very busy day and next several days, and will describe my findings and how I arrived at these decisons.
Today marks ten days since I received my Accuphase C-3900, the power (A-80) hasn't arrived yet, at the moment I'm listening to the C-3900 with an old power krell, I'm really enjoying it!
I have high expectations for this pre amplifier!

Ricky64

Apr 17, 2021
Today marks ten days since I received my Accuphase C-3900, the power (A-80) hasn't arrived yet, at the moment I'm listening to the C-3900 with an old power krell, I'm really enjoying it!
I have high expectations for this pre amplifier!
Congrats. I remain very pleased with the C3900. Adrian of Audio Excellence Canada did a recent Youtube video review of the A-80. He did a great job of describing the sound of the higher end Accuphase gear. His description of what he was hearing with the A-80 mirrors the characteristics I am hearing with the C3900 running into the quick and transparent Gryphon Essence amp.

Reactions: Nascimento

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing