Power cords and vibration question

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Can the polymer suspension bridge support very heavy thick AC cords ?

Speedskater

Sep 30, 2010
Cleveland Ohio
Let me be as clear. If you listen before and after - you can HEAR differences in addition to there being a measurable difference at the cable.

But let's follow SpeedSkater's diversion to a conclusion. How about we get an Audiogogist and install micro accelerometers at the eardrum and do some measurements there. Then when all sharpshooters are done complaining about the model of accelerometer and the methodology being flawed we can move on to an electroencephalograph being installed to the brains and measure that.

So are we playing a forum game or are we being serious? I can answer real questions or we can keep playing.
So rather than do a simple accurate, repeatable, reproducible voltage measurement, why would any sane person dream of such things.
Yes, I think that you are playing forum games.

Whatmore

Jun 2, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Let me be as clear. If you listen before and after - you can HEAR differences in addition to there being a measurable difference at the cable.

But let's follow SpeedSkater's diversion to a conclusion. How about we get an Audiogogist and install micro accelerometers at the eardrum and do some measurements there. Then when all sharpshooters are done complaining about the model of accelerometer and the methodology being flawed we can move on to an electroencephalograph being installed to the brains and measure that.

So are we playing a forum game or are we being serious? I can answer real questions or we can keep playing.

You are clearly in favour of measurements - you seem to have developed cutting edge methodologies for doing this. You use measurements to see the effects of your cables and your cable lifters.

Given that, I'm not sure what I asked that deserves such an aggressive response

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
So rather than do a simple accurate, repeatable, reproducible voltage measurement, why would any sane person dream of such things.
Yes, I think that you are playing forum games.

What is more simple and appropriate. When you are trying to reduce vibration in a cable from floor vibration, what would be a more directly appropriate measurement?

Measuring a signal at the speaker input with a multimeter would be ridiculous and meaningless. You couldn't tell the difference between a Bose wave radio and a $100K stack of components. A multimeter is far to crude a measuring device to detect what would admittedly be a relatively subtle variation in a signal.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
You are clearly in favour of measurements - you seem to have developed cutting edge methodologies for doing this. You use measurements to see the effects of your cables and your cable lifters.

Given that, I'm not sure what I asked that deserves such an aggressive response

Sorry if you got caught in the crossfire.

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
Can the polymer suspension bridge support very heavy thick AC cords ?

They were designed for our cables some of which are moderately heavy. We can produce suspension straps with a different durometer to support heavier cables if necessary. As is, they work well for light weight interconnects to fairly large diameter speaker cables.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing