Periscope: The most amazing iOS app I have encountered...

Andre Marc

Member Sponsor
Mar 14, 2012
San Diego
www.avrev.com
Just found out about Periscope. An app developed by a 27 year old entrepreneur, and now owned by Twitter.

It is simply amazing and can be used for a lot of good.

Basically it turns your phone or tablet into an internet broadcasting device, no other hardware required.

You download the app, and you provide your location, and what ever your iPhone or iPad camera and
microphone can pick up is available to anyone else with the app. They can communicate with you
via text, and you can respond verbally

You can search broadcasts by location on a world map. The broadcasts are either live, or recorded and stay on line for 24 hours.
The live ones are super fun.

In the past two days I tuned into broadcasts from all over the globe.

I said hello to school girls in the Ukraine, young men smoking and listening to music in Gaza, a guy eating dinner in Cairo, a guy trying to shmooze girls
in Times Square, a guy goofing off at work in London, and some guy driving in Moscow.

All of this is frivolous of course, but it is also being used for flash reporting. Periscope broadcasts
have come from Syrian refugees on the move, police encounters, and even live sporting events.

I plan on spending a few minutes each day interacting with people all over the world and observing
their daily lives.

https://www.periscope.tv/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing