Perhaps, you know you've been an "audiophile" for too long ...

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Bill, that's the disease you get when you're a record collector....( we both know this, LOL:D)
IMHO,you know you've been an a'phile too long, when you get to argue about the sound of cables or lack thereof.:rolleyes:

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
. . . . you know you've been an a'phile too long, when you get to argue about the sound of cables or lack thereof.:rolleyes:

Please, even in jest, let's keep that in the other thread!:D

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
.....when you think of old gear that has come and gone through your system with the same regards you would with past girlfriends.....

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
..when anything by Patricia Barber is in heavy rotation

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
... been an audiophile too long when you consider the sound of an iPhone as too "dry".

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
when you use a CDP to showcase analog characteristics & superiority.

tb1

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
.....when you think of old gear that has come and gone through your system with the same regards you would with past girlfriends.....

Or even higher regard. Some audio gear might have brought far more pleasure into your life than some past girlfriends ever did.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
....when you can look at any of your past systems and say "I could've lived happily ever after with that." then hope you never have to.

TBone

Nov 15, 2012
You're making me feel old.

Felix, sorry about that ... I certainly had no intent to accelerate the audiophile aging process ... and using a CDP to showcase analog superiority item is farrrrr more Ken's fault than mine.

tb1

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
When someone says "I had some good S*it last night".
And you think of Schiit Audio before anything else :)
Heh just looked at their site and even they say "You aren't going to believe this Schiit" and "Some seriously good Schiit" :)
Orb

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
....when you can look at any of your past systems and say "I could've lived happily ever after with that." then hope you never have to.

...or when you look at your current system and say "I could live with this for the rest of my life", then hope you never have to.

Tom

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
...or when you look at your current system and say "I could live with this for the rest of my life", then hope you never have to.

Tom

I like yours better! :D

Joe Galbraith

Senior Member/Sponsor
Apr 22, 2010
www.arsetmusica.com
....when you recognize major life milestones by what gear you had when it took place.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing