People are talking about BORRESON.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1
I have heard the X series of speakers several times.
They are initially very impressive, although rather "forward" in their presentation.
They are a "take no prisoners" kind of speaker.
IMO, long term listening may prove challenging.
Having heard the new "C1" by Borresen at AXPONA24, I find it a much more matured design over the "X" series.
Of course at a price.

Reactions: MortenB
Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Marketing sells product. They are doing a great job at it. A few other brands should take note.

It is interesting that the mode of marketing is changing. In the past it seems that you submitted new products for review in stereophile and TAS. Buy big full page ads in the same magazines. Now, you take your speakers/product to all of the shows and get one of the big rooms. Set them up and play loud music. The rooms have a party atmosphere. The Youtubers are going to the shows and interacting with these rooms. It seems they view the shows like a trip to six-flags. This produces more marketing for the brand that put on this "Show" for people.

I’m interested in the X1. It’d be a blind buy as there’s no where within 8 hours drive to hear them.

I have heard the X6 at several shows and other presentations. I am in the horn/SET camp the system I heard with the X6 and the Forte 3 would find a place in my living room if I was looking for a box speaker. I have generally liked how that upfront character and to tonal accuracy are presented. I'm not big on soundstaging/imaging but it does that in spades too.

Beau

Heard the large models (I think $500k roughly) at the Southwest AudioFest and was pretty impressive I thought!

George

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing