PACIFIC AUDIO FEST

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Bending Wave will be showing, We are in Cascade 12 and plan on showing the Divin Noblesse by Gobel with CH Precision 10- series preamp and amplifier along with Wadax reference digital gear.
Hope to see you there!

Last edited:

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
This will be at the Pacific Audio Fest.

Enleum 23R Integrated Amplifier and Headphone Amp
25WPC, Current-Driven

Jaguar Audio – Room 7115
AMP-23R_3.jpeg

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I will be there. Really nice having a show in the Pacific Northwest now. It's been quite a few years since I have attended an audio show. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
Kind of surprised Shunyata Research is not on the exhibitor list for this show. They are local, and have new products coming out very soon.

Reactions: garylkoh

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA
These will be at the Pacific Audio Fest.
Avantgarde Acoustic - Zero 1 TA Floorstanding Speakers
104dB/watt, Powered Subs

Jaguar Audio – Room 7115

Jaguar

Aug 2, 2010
Bellevue, WA

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Bob West (BobVin) and Bob East (me) look forward to greeting the Pacific Audio Fest visitors and sharing a few tunes on this set up that we are bringing to the show. We will be using the Taiko Extreme>>>Esoteric DAC/CDP>>>Pilium Alexander>>>Pilium Achilles stereo amp>>>Alsyvox Botticelli X with VYDA cabling.

Portland-main3-3.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Bob West (BobVin) and Bob East (me) look forward to greeting the Pacific Audio Fest visitors and sharing a few tunes on this set up that we are bringing to the show. We will be using the Taiko Extreme>>>Esoteric DAC/CDP>>>Pilium Alexander>>>Pilium Achilles stereo amp>>>Alsyvox Botticelli X with VYDA cabling.

View attachment 95404
the 2 Bobs — Bob.east & Bob.west :cool:

831FD7CB-5228-4B84-B662-AFFB3D52F87B.jpeg

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Packed everything for the PAF today. I m a little nervous about this show having never seen the venue and we being a whole country away.
I can't wait to see the freeight charges OMG.
We will be showing the Divin Noblesse/CH Precision M10/L10 combo with a full Wadax Reference Dac and Server set up all connected with a bunch of Gobel cables. Wish we had a better rack/furniture solution but it will have to do as that is always a pain.
Hope to see some of you there and you come and say hi.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I will be there with a variety of panels to show. I have a table.

Attachments

• 20220526_093515.jpg
    20220526_093515.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220417_111307.jpg
    20220417_111307.jpg
    615.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220125_115028.jpg
    20220125_115028.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 19

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
six pallets of gear being picked up today. Audio is soooo much fun ! haha

Reactions: rubinken

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
six pallets of gear being picked up today. Audio is soooo much fun ! haha
Elliot, I feel your pain. First time for me doing an audio trade show, but for sure its a trade show with all the inherent associated tasks. I did a fair number of shows for my water purification business (medical conferences mostly) and prepping for the audio fest brings back the realities. Fortunately for me I can drive up with my gear, so don’t have to deal with shipping the pallets and crates.

Attendees seldom appreciate all that goes into prepping, shipping, and setting up. Airfare, lodging, meals — Its an expensive endeavor. So when folks are critical of a brands’ pricing, reducing it to “the cost of the components are only ‘x‘, how can they price it for ‘y’,” well, the retail price has to include the marketing budget as well.

Then there is the fun of trying to make a rig sound great in a hotel room. At home we have time to tweak, position, and reposition. Making adjustments and refining. At the show you’re lucky to have 24 hrs if you forgo sleep! I guess I’ll learn a lot in this maiden voyage. Fortunately, Bob.east has lots of experience and Alsyvox and Pilium will be doing the real work. I’m just a roadie.

To all those dealers and manufacturers who are attending — I wish for you safe and uneventful travels, for you and all your gear. I hope to have an opportunity to meet y’all.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Elliot, I feel your pain. First time for me doing an audio trade show, but for sure its a trade show with all the inherent associated tasks. I did a fair number of shows for my water purification business (medical conferences mostly) and prepping for the audio fest brings back the realities. Fortunately for me I can drive up with my gear, so don’t have to deal with shipping the pallets and crates.

Attendees seldom appreciate all that goes into prepping, shipping, and setting up. Airfare, lodging, meals — Its an expensive endeavor. So when folks are critical of a brands’ pricing, reducing it to “the cost of the components are only ‘x‘, how can they price it for ‘y’,” well, the retail price has to include the marketing budget as well.

Then there is the fun of trying to make a rig sound great in a hotel room. At home we have time to tweak, position, and reposition. Making adjustments and refining. At the show you’re lucky to have 24 hrs if you forgo sleep! I guess I’ll learn a lot in this maiden voyage. Fortunately, Bob.east has lots of experience and Alsyvox and Pilium will be doing the real work. I’m just a roadie.

To all those dealers and manufacturers who are attending — I wish for you safe and uneventful travels, for you and all your gear. I hope to have an opportunity to meet y’all.
im afraid to see the freight bill !

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
im afraid to see the freight bill !
I have accounts and discounts with several carriers, but tend to get the best rates with FreightQuote.com. It is of great value to know your NMFC freight classification when seeking quotes.

I strongly discourage any use of ABF, they've screwed me time and time again with slow deliveries, re-classified freight, and adding on every possible surcharge and accessorial fee.

Shipping without a discount established means you're subject to the tarriff rates. Places like FreightQoute.com use their deeply negotiated discounts and act as 3rd party billing. Without discounts or using a consolidator, shipping fees can be astronomical and legally binding.

Reactions: rando and Elliot G.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

View attachment 95404
Hearing this is definitely on my to do list. Coming to DC?

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
I have accounts and discounts with several carriers, but tend to get the best rates with FreightQuote.com. It is of great value to know your NMFC freight classification when seeking quotes.

I strongly discourage any use of ABF, they've screwed me time and time again with slow deliveries, re-classified freight, and adding on every possible surcharge and accessorial fee.

Shipping without a discount established means you're subject to the tarriff rates. Places like FreightQoute.com use their deeply negotiated discounts and act as 3rd party billing. Without discounts or using a consolidator, shipping fees can be astronomical and legally binding.
thank you but show freight and storage etc. is a bit differetn. I get great freight prices
normally however right now its all very high

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Yeah, sorry. I should have known if you’re shipping speakers and such to customers you’re keen to the shipping gig.

carolkoh

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Sep 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Packed everything for the PAF today. I m a little nervous about this show having never seen the venue and we being a whole country away.
It's actually a really nice venue. That hotel is used for several conventions and shows here in Seattle and they are well used to handling crowds and freight.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing