XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Putting aside the business issues

How does the Omingon sound ?

silviajulieta

Jul 6, 2010
México city. rauliruegas@hotmail.com
Dear Tomelex: I can't know why that spec is not under the manufacturer site or even through the review. I think that a " deep " subject with the Atmasphere belongs to its high knowledge/skills design from the designer: this unit is not only a fully differential one but with no SUTs all tube design and direct coupled. This kind of engennering level is not only a " surprise " for a tube unit but for any kind of technology ( I know top SS units that use SUTs and are not direct coupled!! ). IMHO the Atmasphere designer is a " unique " person about. You can ask to any tube designer if what Atmasphere made was or not something " new " and a big step on phono stage unit designs. Transformers and caps always makes a signal degradation and tubes normaly has to be coupled to transformers/caps at its output and on the gain stages: the Atmasphere " merit " resides precisely on that fact.

Anyway, only an opinion.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.

Last edited:

Reinhard

Mar 24, 2012
germany
Hello R.

I know the atmasphere design very well. It is capacitor coupled all the way but in difference to others the output stage is direct coupled.
This stage is the patented circlotron output stage that Ralph uses all the way in his pre and power amps.

Reinhard

Last edited:

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Update...Omnigon

American Express and PP both agreed that I was overcharged by Dertonarm, D., Daniel, Dietrich, and/or Axinia...your choice. I received a ~$8750 USD refund due to the efforts of American Express and PP for the amount that I was overcharged for this preamplifier, YES!

Shortly thereafter, I received a nice email about the Omnigon...so, it was sold and it is now safely in the new home...no prepay, just delivered :). So, this chapter is closed and I am only out a few hundred dollars, super!

Dertonarm is now requesting bank-wire and money order payments on Audiogon.

Unfortunately, I still have a few outstanding items with this Dertonarm fellow:

1. I paid $2450.00 for a stainless steel platter last August. Dertonarm cancelled the order because he was unable to make the delivery date in November 2011. He kept the money and has not refunded these monies to me.

2. I paid $500.00 for a silver wiring service on a FR-66s. Dertonarm forgot to bring the tool necessary to complete the work with him last November...he promised me a refund...he never returned the monies to me.

These refunds are, let's say, are heading to the authorities for assistance. If anyone has similar issues, the kind authorities in Germany take a strong interest with these types of frauds.

Keep you updated!

U47

Apr 23, 2010
Portland, Oregon
www.reeltapes.net
I purchased a book about 10 years ago on ebay and dealt with Axinia and Dieter(Dietrich?). The title of the book was Living Stereo, about the golden age of RCA stereo LPs. It had been previously published in German and this was a supposed new English translation. It was all turned out to be a scam. It never got shipped and about 50 or more bidders never received their books or money back. Axinia kept promising the book and it never arrived. I was one of the few who sent negative feedback. I've heard from about 3 or 4 other people who also got scammed with this book 'offer' who were not able to send NF, due to the 90 day rule on ebay. The book did exist in a German edition.
This Omnigon thread brings back unfound memories :-(

Rich

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I purchased a book about 10 years ago on ebay and dealt with Axinia and Dieter(Dietrich?). The title of the book was Living Stereo, about the golden age of RCA stereo LPs. It had been previously published in German and this was a supposed new English translation. It was all turned out to be a scam. It never got shipped and about 50 or more bidders never received their books or money back. Axinia kept promising the book and it never arrived. I was one of the few who sent negative feedback. I've heard from about 3 or 4 other people who also got scammed with this book 'offer' who were not able to send NF, due to the 90 day rule on ebay. The book did exist in a German edition.

Rich

Audio's Bernie Madoff.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Sneaky Bavarians...these two Axinia Schaefer and Dietrich-Dertonarm

Rich
Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear that you were part this unfortunate group of folks that was trusting Axina and Dertonarm to deliver an English version of his book...sneaky Bavarians! It is simply a patten of delay and prevarications by these two. In the case of these two, there are NO differences...just a pattern of deceit and not delivering.

Kind Regards,
Alan

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
i have yet another promise from Daniel that refund in August.....but this is a long, long stream of promises .....and various dodges and changes of facts.
I truly wish he would clear his reputation and do the right thing by ......apparently now from the new posts telling similar stories -- make things right with a LOT of people.

CSL

Apr 22, 2012
no refund. total silence to my requests

CSL, Have you received your refund? The information in this thread is worrisome. Whatever happened to the Omigon and the Apolyt turntable projects?

3 emails this month unanswered. This is consistent history. Daniel took his 8x8 which on trial for $8000 in December; he took $1800 worth of NOS tubes from me and never paid; i prepaid, stupidly Dec 30, $17,000 on his new TT, the Apolyt, and then 2 weeks later, after i finally realized all the people he
had scammed, asked for refund, and he, of course promised it by the end of Jan. this was to keep me on the line for other things. That was in January. So this month when i asked for the money, silence.

Syntax, or Thomas, is part of the German group that sets up the scam. Look on audiogon for the latest scam about the SRA headshell. again, Thomas leads the scam with much bravo about how beats everything. this is the pattern. Look at his history, and it is always this way. He builds his reputation for being helpful, then cashes it in with promo of Daniel. Why? Well, one reason is he lusts entirely for daniels TT ,...... he has a used one from the 90's that does not operate and needs daniel to fix and upgrade. It is his idol, which he worships. He has to have this TT, and yet he claims to be indifferent and independent. A lot of us, who have had him in our home with Daniel, sadly have to no so. The ties are deep.

all of this is on audiogon from others who have my experience.

So....buyer beware. I only wished these warnings were posted before i was suckered. I only wish Thomas, who subsequently admitted to me that in Germany Daniel's reputation is very bad for scamming all the way back to ebay in mid 2000, i only wish he had divulged this when in my home with Daniel. but of course, he could not. He lusts for the TT and needs Daniel to keep it operating.

Faust comes to mind.......

i am doing all i can, with others, to state the facts. see my audiogon posts for questions to Syntax. of course, he is silent. No answer. why?
because he cannot defend his behavior. the questions are fair, obvious, and devastating to the German group in collusion with each other.

Read audiogon and decide for yourself.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
---This is freekin' bad! :mad:

Syntax, he's a member here right? And I befriended him! [Last post: April 20th.]

Thomas, is he also a member here?

I am sicken & tired deep down in my head & stomach by people like that, and I know few others too, but from other sites, and I just don't know what to do to expose them! I can only do it by emails, and not in public forums. And absolutely not by PMs! Nothing is private.

Perhaps I should denounce the entire organizations where these few important individuals operate? They are part of the staff, moderation teams! They have their own 'click' and they bait others. Some of the underground stuff they do is absolutely revolting!

Anyway, I'd rather think at better things, and hang around better surroundings.

Last edited:

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
---This is freekin' bad! :mad:

Syntax, he's a member here right? And I befriended him! [Last post: April 20th.]

Thomas, is he also a member here?

I am sicken & tired deep down in my head & stomach by people like that, and I know few others too, but from other sites, and I just don't know what to do to expose them! I can only do it by emails, and not in public forums. And absolutely not by PMs! Nothing is private.

Perhaps I should denounce the entire organizations where those few important individuals operate? They are part of the staff, moderation teams! They have their own 'click' and they bait others. Some of the underground stuff they do is absolutely revolting!

Anyway, I'd rather think at better things, and hang around better surroundings.

F.Y.I. Thomas is Syntax

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
-----Oh! ...It's been a while since last time I talked to him, that's why.

* I thought he was a very nice guy; he has a great sound system and a magnificent view from the mountains where he lives in Germany.

Just for the record: I have nothing against either Daniel nor Thomas, I have purchased items from Daniel in the past and received everything as promised. Daniel was actually very helpful on numerous occasion on the phone with me when I was having some issues with a TW 10.5 arm, the manufacture nor distributor who got my money did nothing to assist. So I'm very appreciative towards that, he has also provided allot of info which has led me into a direction of satisfacation in table ownership so again I'm very grateful.

Adding to the above I do not want to take away from such as I do know Allan and it's really sad what has happened along with other stories that have arrisen. I just got riped off myself by a seller so I know how it feels and I'm dealing with such, these guys need to all be known so to stop from happening to others. http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...ership-name-has-been-hacked-check-yours/page7 Scrow down you will see the crap I just got that was advertised as 8/10 condiiton, more like 3 or 4/10 condition max

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
1. I don't know who Daniel is anyway.
2. Neither do I know Allan.

The only member from here with who I had some very nice exchanges with in the past is Thomas (Syntax).

Now, Thomas, you are saying that you have nothing against him, me neither. :b

DEV

Oct 19, 2011
F.Y.I.

- Daniel is Detonarm on Audiogon and is also a member here but under another name.
- Allan is member on both also but goes by ALF on here and has posted above in this thread.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing