Official Thread to Report Bugs, Concerns or Suggestions With The New Site Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

rando

Sep 22, 2019
I copy pasted a Christmas tree (emoji) and the forum software refused to let me post the innocuous element of holiday cheer.

1576206850260.png

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Some sources (occasionally) don't work. Just get it from a different source.
This ^ one is an image insert.

Check this little guy (copy&paste) -> ... That didn't work, checking for another source ... ?

I cannot copy and paste; this one is also an image insert (60 x 60)

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Therein lies the difference between emoji used by phones/software that integrate with text and everything else.

If anything could be arrived at by this. It should be the ability to use these highly regulated special characters is more useful than stocking large amounts in a drop down bar that scrolls half a page down to load. If I dug up a seasonal one that wasn't present in said bar. Chances are when Easter rolls around the same feat could be repeated if so desired.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
We have twelve emojis @ our disposition here. Personally that's plenty enough as the main ones I generally use without the need for more are ... only four ....
:);):cool::D

Other websites that have hundreds of them I still only use those four, in 95% of the time.

I never use those (I don't need them...ever) ...
:(:mad::confused::oops::rolleyes:o_O

And the last two (less than a fraction of 0.001%) ...
:p:eek:

* If David wants more he can get them from many apps avail online, including Santa Claus and a Christmas tree. :p:D

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I've been getting a 403 error when trying to reply to a thread since last night. My browser console says...

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall</h1>
<p class="medium-text code-snippet">If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please <a href="https://support.sucuri.net/?utm_source=firewall_block"

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I've been getting a 403 error when trying to reply to a thread since last night. My browser console says...

<p class="medium-text code-snippet">If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please <a href="https://support.sucuri.net/?utm_source=firewall_block"

I've submitted a ticket for you

Steve Williams

Your IP address has been whitelisted
You should be fine now

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Last edited:

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Hi,

I cannot send PMs. I tried yesterday on my mobile, but it said "oops, we ran into problems" (neither preview nor send possible). Today I tried on my computer, to no avail, on two different browsers, Safari and Google Chrome.

Thanks
Al

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi,

I cannot send PMs. I tried yesterday on my mobile, but it said "oops, we ran into problems" (neither preview nor send possible). Today I tried on my computer, to no avail, on two different browsers, Safari and Google Chrome.

Thanks
Al

Maybe people blocked you?

Steve Williams

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Today WBF is VERY slow for me with several time-outs

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing