Nikki Parrott - Sugar Sweet

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
This is a great song. Such a detailed and yet relaxing song. On the album “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You.“

IMG_0814.jpeg

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Great suggestion, the whole album is great for relaxed listening. Apart from the mentioned song, I also love "Downtown".

Yes we enjoy Nikki a lot. We have most, if not all, her albums. And her “Downtown” is excellent. Like you said it’s relaxing music.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Do you have any recommendations for similarily themed albums, with female vocals creating a relaxing atmosphere? :)

Nikki is kind of hard to beat IMO. Some others (though not all the same theme) that help me relax are Julie London, Jane Monheit, Beegie Adair, Diana Panton, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Jacintha, Nana Mouskouri, Sinne Eeg, and Victoria Tolstoy. Petula Clark’s “Downtown” is great.

If I’m feeling a need for a little more rocky female vocals I normally listen to the Carpenters, Alison Krauss, Carly Simon, Carole King, Linda Ronstadt, and rarely Celine Dion. Oh I shouldn’t forget Eva Cassidy, she has a stunning voice too.

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Nikki is kind of hard to beat IMO. Some others (though not all the same theme) that help me relax are Julie London, Jane Monheit, Beegie Adair, Diana Panton, Emilie-Claire Barlow, Jacintha, Nana Mouskouri, Sinne Eeg, and Victoria Tolstoy. Petula Clark’s “Downtown” is great.

If I’m feeling a need for a little more rocky female vocals I normally listen to the Carpenters, Alison Krauss, Carly Simon, Carole King, Linda Ronstadt, and rarely Celine Dion. Oh I shouldn’t forget Eva Cassidy, she has a stunning voice too.
What an extensive list, at least a few listening sessions are sorted now... Adding to the list of recommendations, Sade's vocals and style will never get boring to me, maybe it's not the most "Jazzy" kind of music, but her vocal performance is truly one of a kind.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
What an extensive list, at least a few listening sessions are sorted now... Adding to the list of recommendations, Sade's vocals and style will never get boring to me, maybe it's not the most "Jazzy" kind of music, but her vocal performance is truly one of a kind.

Oh Sade is awesome. I especially like her song “Mermaid” on her album Love Deluxe.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing