New Wadax Atlantis Line

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
ok then. not many dual Emperor set-ups out there. I assume that the 'Elite' upgrade (like Audiocrack just had done) is in the works for those big boys.
AE show room .... Them's not dual Emperor ground . One is Emperor AC .

spiritofmusic

Member Sponsor
Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can anyone list rrp on the Wadax transport, streamer, dual mono dac?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Mike,

On top pic, do you see the JMF transport?
If you want to try, I can send you mine and you can wipe off dust for me :D.

Kind regards,
Tang
Doesn't get much use Tango ? that's a pity . Have you compared it to the other top Trasports. Any views on its tonal signature would be aprreciated . Cheers.

May 30, 2010
Portugal
The Wadax site has been completed with all the information and specifications of every component.

http://www.wadax.eu

Don’t hesitate to enter. A new digital sound way....
How can you have a 6.2. SACD RIP feature? I thought is was not possible to sell such device ...

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike,

On top pic, do you see the JMF transport?
If you want to try, I can send you mine and you can wipe off dust for me :D.

Kind regards,
Tang
Dear Tang,

I did see that JMF transport, considered to be among, if not the very, best transport. and wow! I appreciate and am humbled by such a generous offer.:D

regrettably; my ability to use it would be marginal, and not worth the trouble to ship it. almost all my CD's are already ripped, and I really enjoy the ease and performance of my SGM server and Roon/Tidal. I tried the Aqua La Diva transport->Formula dac earlier this year and rarely used it even though it did sound very good. I do understand with your amazing choices of turntables, arms and cartridges, how would you ever bother to use even a great digital transport? obviously you don't hardly use it.

(am I really saying no thanks? am I crazy?)

again.....many thanks.

kind regards,

Mike

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 28, 2016
South Korea
www.digitusupremo.com
Wadax Atlantis DAC is multibit ladder???

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Dear Tang,

I did see that JMF transport, considered to be among, if not the very, best transport. and wow! I appreciate and am humbled by such a generous offer.:D

regrettably; my ability to use it would be marginal, and not worth the trouble to ship it. almost all my CD's are already ripped, and I really enjoy the ease and performance of my SGM server and Roon/Tidal. I tried the Aqua La Diva transport->Formula dac earlier this year and rarely used it even though it did sound very good. I do understand with your amazing choices of turntables, arms and cartridges, how would you ever bother to use even a great digital transport? obviously you don't hardly use it.

(am I really saying no thanks? am I crazy?)

again.....many thanks.

kind regards,

Mike
After I hit Post Quick Reply, I started to realize you mentioned many time in your posts that you ripped all your cds and play through SGM. So, Your reply here is not unexpected. Although I rarely use the JMF, I have always been curious of its potential in a system with super digital setup like yours. My digital setup is really at kindergarten level. Jazzhead asked me question about the JMF, I am struggling to answer it and somewhat hesitate to answer too. The reason only is because I havent spent much time on it at all to be able to give any reliable feedbacks and I dont think my associated digital gears and my lack of skill in digital dont really allow me to hear the JMF's true potential.

Best regards,
Tang

Feb 16, 2017
Spain
Wadax Atlantis DAC is multibit ladder???

In the post 21 of this thread, I ask the designer Javier Guadalajara about that point. He responds in post 28

spiritofmusic

Member Sponsor
Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I own an increasing number of quality BR discs, and would love to access them. Atm my Oppo is my only alternative.

Jun 18, 2011
Hong Kong

bmichels

Nov 30, 2012
Wadax Atlantis combo at the listening of Audiotechnique Magazine, Hong Kong.
https://youtu.be/k70FDJvUST0
This Atlantis line is great. Looks I may hjave to recon sider my future NAGRA purchase !

May be someone can answer my questions:

- Is there a way I can use QOBUZ or DEEZER with the Atlantis Server ? and HQ player ?

- Can the Server's integrated LCD display cover arts and album/track infos ? is it touch screen to select/skip tracks)

- Finally, what are the list price of each of your Atlantis components (DACs, Transport, Server, and... the complete 4 pieces stack)

PS: I do not understand how "atlantis can improve your VINYL listening experience" as it is stated on WADAX web site ? Is there a Phono input in the DAC ! any idea ?

PS2 : Why 2 Ethernet cables coming out of the SERVER ? I guess the first one goes to the router/switch, but... what is the second for ?
Capture d’écran 2018-06-30 à 20.09.00.jpg

PS3:some pictures like abobve show 2 USB port on thje back of the server, an d some, like bellow, show...3 usb ports ?? What is the final nuimber ? Why 2 or 3 USB ports ? (oner to the DAC I suppose, and the 2 others ? for USB HD/Stick ?)
Capture d’écran 2018-06-30 à 20.09.40.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2017
Spain
Strange, there seems to be a mini PC inside the Wadax box.

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing