New Video posted to Wilson Audio's YouTube Channel

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
The Choice

The Choice explores a simple question: Is there intrinsic merit in accomplishing a task to the best of one's ability? Certainly this idea pervades the culture of Wilson Audio and is rooted in the character of its founder. It finds expression in the daily efforts of the craftsmen who thrive in this environment, precisely because they love the challenge of doing their best work. And it is manifest in the myriad detailed ways Wilson products themselves exhibit the dedication to excellence for its own sake, and for the sake of people who would feel untrue to their nature if they consciously built something less than their best.

Wilson Audio's YouTube Channel can be found here with over 30 other videos created and uploaded by Wilson Audio:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wilsonaudiospeakers?feature=mhee

ENJOY! :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well done Debs

Great story and it definitely reflects the zeal and philosophy of Dave and Wilson Audio. Thanks for sharing. I feel that I've been on the same journey with Dave over the past 15-16 years when I started with WP 5.1's. Since then I have owned 8 different types of Wilson speakers to my present X-2's. Having heard the next iteration to mine, the XLF, I understand Dave's philosophy as best described at the end of the video

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
I love this;

The execution in the crossover network is crucial. You can change values of any individual component by less than 1% and the magic can be lost.

Preach it, Dave! ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Great comments, guys! I am glad you enjoyed it :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
New Video Posted Today By Wilson Audio

An Audiophile's Journey

Most of us can trace our passion for reproduced music to a specific experience—that moment in time when we discovered the ability of speakers and electronics to convey the emotional power of a musical performance. This is the story of an audiophile who traces his history back to that time of discovery, and tells us where that led him—and the effect the journey has had on his family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAXn6JkwonA

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
An Audiophile's Journey

Most of us can trace our passion for reproduced music to a specific experience—that moment in time when we discovered the ability of speakers and electronics to convey the emotional power of a musical performance. This is the story of an audiophile who traces his history back to that time of discovery, and tells us where that led him—and the effect the journey has had on his family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAXn6JkwonA

Great video. Better family! :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Very nice video! My first audio epiphany wasn't Wilson-related, except that it was in a room put together by Wilson's UK imported, Absolute Sounds.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Mine was a WP 5.1 when I had the huge Thiel speakers and thought my system was the cat's meow with no comparison until my dealer (who wasn't a Wilson dealer but sold me the Thiels) took me to hear his brother's system which was WP 5.1's played with tube amps. It was like something I had never heard and I had been doing this for close to 50 years. Needless to say I sold my Thiels, kept my dealer as a friend but bought a pair of 5.1's. Since then I have owned
WP 6's
Maxx l's
X-1 series lll
XS
WATCH center, surround, rear
X-2 series l
X-2 series ll

Needless to say I know the Wilson sound and for my ears there just isn't anything that lights them up like those made by your dad Debb

FWIW, if I were to buy yet another Wilson speaker I would definitely buy the Alexia

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Mine was a WP 5.1 when I had the huge Thiel speakers and thought my system was the cat's meow with no comparison until my dealer (who wasn't a Wilson dealer but sold me the Thiels) took me to hear his brother's system which was WP 5.1's played with tube amps. It was like something I had never heard and I had been doing this for close to 50 years. Needless to say I sold my Thiels, kept my dealer as a friend but bought a pair of 5.1's. Since then I have owned
WP 6's
Maxx l's
X-1 series lll
XS
WATCH center, surround, rear
X-2 series l
X-2 series ll

Needless to say I know the Wilson sound and for my ears there just isn't anything that lights them up like those made by your dad Debb

FWIW, if I were to buy yet another Wilson speaker I would definitely buy the Alexia

That is very kind to say, Steve :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDpoMXi1nw

The Guild

The most productive workplaces have a culture that attracts and holds people most in tune with that environment. In this candid piece, some of Wilson Audio's employees reflect on what keeps them engrossed in building loudspeakers after a decade or more with the company.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very nice video! My first audio epiphany wasn't Wilson-related, except that it was in a room put together by Wilson's UK imported, Absolute Sounds.

Was this the X1s back in the day around 2000 or so? after he had the ML Statements? I have heard that the room Ricardo set up with that system was legendary...and dealers i know still say today it is the best sound they have ever upt to that point...and since!

vinylphilemag

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Kelowna, BC
www.vinylphilemag.com
Was this the X1s back in the day around 2000 or so? after he had the ML Statements? I have heard that the room Ricardo set up with that system was legendary...and dealers i know still say today it is the best sound they have ever upt to that point...and since!

No! It was back in 1993 (or thereabouts): A Goldmund Studio/Koetsu Red Signature analogue front end, some Krell CD player, the four chassis Krell Reference preamp, the Krell Reference mono blocks, and a pair of Apogee Divas. I did go to an audio evening at some later date at Oxford Acoustics, which featured the Watt Puppy in one of its iterations.

mauidan

Member Sponsor
Aug 2, 2010
Pukalani, HI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDDpoMXi1nw

The Guild

The most productive workplaces have a culture that attracts and holds people most in tune with that environment. In this candid piece, some of Wilson Audio's employees reflect on what keeps them engrossed in building loudspeakers after a decade or more with the company.

Debby,

Another great video.

Dan

PS- Thanks again for the hat!

WA Hat.JPG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No! It was back in 1993 (or thereabouts): A Goldmund Studio/Koetsu Red Signature analogue front end, some Krell CD player, the four chassis Krell Reference preamp, the Krell Reference mono blocks, and a pair of Apogee Divas. I did go to an audio evening at some later date at Oxford Acoustics, which featured the Watt Puppy in one of its iterations.

Ahhhh...very nice. I was just saying elsewhere I nearly bought the Apogee Stages used many years ago but could not afford it at the time...had I done so, I feel sure 10 yrs later I would not have upgraded to SF Guarneris and possibly not even to the SF Strads...particularly with a great sub, the Stages were truly remarkable speakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing