New Patricia Barber

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
In small doses - Are you refering to "Clique"?
about 30 second doses...I am all female vocaled out. No disrespect to here, she has chops, the genre however I am over for now.
(edit) just gave it a quick skim through, may have to examin it closer. mad respect to give up two tracks to instrumentals.

Last edited:

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Three and eight. IMO, music flows well throughout the CD with the acoustic bass quite prominent on several cuts. Good stuff.

Hear Here

Feb 14, 2020
Portsmouth, UK
30 seconds will give you a snapshot and nothing else. Why bother? What music do you listen to for more than 30 seconds?
Maybe I spent too much time listening to her Cafe Blue, an album I bought in HDCD and greatly enjoyed it. I've not enjoyed much of her more recent stuff. All a bit too predictable, but I'll give Clique another play soon

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Maybe I spent too much time listening to her Cafe Blue, an album I bought in HDCD and greatly enjoyed it. I've not enjoyed much of her more recent stuff. All a bit too predictable, but I'll give Clique another play soon
Understood. Listening to the same album numerous times can cause disinterest in that particular artist regardless of the new released material. Clique is the same basic PB material like most artists do after numerous releases. Variations on a theme if you will but she does it so well. Cafe Blue is, IMHO, still her most original but I've temporarily stopped listening to that particular CD for the same reasons.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
My interview with Patricia, Jim Anderson and Ulrike Schwarz can be found as Audiophile Style. Great recording.
Hi Joe, where is it in AS? Thanks, Larry

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Curious as to what your thoughts are. All of her music is quite good but Cafe Blue and Modern Cool rise to the top in my view.

Reactions: rubinken

Chicago

Feb 9, 2019
Windy City
'Cafe Blue' and 'Modern Cool' are really good recordings, but there's a few more which I like a lot. It so happened that I was at the Companion concert in Green Mill, the same which we listen to from the famous album 'Companion', so 'Companion' is naturally one of my favorite Patricia Barber albums, especially since it is a live concert and probably the best permanent line-up Patricia Barber has ever had - a very communicative, technically superb and reference-sounding one. One thing is certain - such a tight musical 'marriage' as Patricia Barber and Michael Arnopol is not common. And it must be added that the recordings session of Patricia Barber's projects come from the best engineer, who is undoubtedly Jim Anderson.

In fact, all Patricia Barber's albums as well as her gigs live on Monday evenings in Green Mill are somehow close to me. I like her work, which is very inspiring and noteworthy.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing