New Member - An Italian In New York

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) Bigger mistake was to accept having them include dinner at the end of the day trip. I don't recall having worse food in my life, with stale bread and some other dish I don't care to remember. (...)

You were really unlucky - italians are some of the best cookers in the world. But they try to feed foreigners with pizza and pasta, hiding their fantastic cooking for themselves ... :D

I have been there several times and had some delicious meals - they cook wild mushrooms better than no one else in the world!

docvale

Mar 21, 2011
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Eheheheheheh... :)

@ Microstrip
Well, thanks to acknowledge Italy as the best place for food... I had a kind of fight in my lab about this statement, thus being considered "nationalistic" :D
Anyway, pizza and pasta are some of the milestones in Italian kitchen. When I had guests from abroad I've always invited them to try some. I could live without the steaks a la "fiorentina", but I couldn't imagine Italy without spaghetti with clams or a nice pizza!

@ Lord of the Rings
Thanks! Yes, Italy has a great tradition for design... anyway, maybe you'll be surprised to know that, whether the average Italian would kill for a Maserati Granturismo, usually the luxury sedans that you'll see will be German. Women are great, but they can be really tough! (hope that my girlfriend won't read this forum ;))

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Eheheheheheh... :)

@ Microstrip
Women are great, but they can be really tough! (hope that my girlfriend won't read this forum ;))

Women are tough everywhere. I'm married to a woman from NJ and they don't come much tougher than that unless you go next door to Philadelphia.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing