New Grandinote Mach 9 Loudspeakers... World's Best System?

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I heard it. It was good, but far from being best in show IMHO, and seems a stretch to call it the world's best system. It had incredible presence and sense of realism, but could sound harsh on some of the higher vocals. That could be a whole load of things, so am not putting the system down in any way.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
I heard it. It was good, but far from being best in show IMHO, and seems a stretch to call it the world's best system. It had incredible presence and sense of realism, but could sound harsh on some of the higher vocals. That could be a whole load of things, so am not putting the system down in any way.

What made them harsh could have been that they were using older Grandinote gear last year with those speakers at that show. Now they have new Grandinote gear that is said to be much better!

Here's their much smaller Grandinote Mach 2P speakers with one of their new Grandinote Supremo Integrated amps and new Grandinote Volta mk2 in a large room...BIG Natural Sound!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Many at the Munich Show thought this Grandinote system was best of show...has anyone heard this all Grandinote System ?

I heard the complete system last year @Grandinote in Italy (together with the German Distributor).
Sound was great!
The Grandinote Genesi Preamp is on the way , the Demone amps will follow soon, @home I will get a better understanding of the sonic capabilities.

Purasound

May 24, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
www.purasound.com
Hey guys, Nice thread :)
Thanks for linking the Youtube video. The Mach2p are incredible "little" speakers.

Shakti Im sure you will be happy once you get to listen full loom Grandinote :) Let us know how you go.

Regarding Best in the world. Well that is loaded. But I will say Grandinote performance is of the highest calibre.

Munich 2019 will see further developments and even better better performance. Last year was entry level Shinai integrated.

Exciting times !

Art Dudley said this at MOC18

<< The Grandinote gear almost ruined me: Although I heard other good-sounding systems on Friday, few were as musical or emotionally powerful as this one. I sat down just as the people running the dem put on the Weavers' famous live version of "Guantanamera": the playback quality was exquisite—musical, emotionally powerful, and sneakily dynamic, without apparent flaw. Pete Seeger, a man whose sanctimony kept me from fully enjoying his music as the years went by, was in youthful fine voice here, and the instrumental accompaniment was tactile and just plain real-sounding. On the next selection, the late Sandy Denny sounded similarly real and no less emotionally powerful: I was starting to cry, and it was only 10:30 in the morning!<<

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
In Munich Grandinote had the new Mach 9 Carbon body on Demo. Was a very nice Demo, a lot of dynamics and speed. I liked it a lot. :)

baocrazy

Nov 4, 2015
I had the chance to listen to the demo at Munich too. It was nice: good resolution and image. But a bit cold for me like many of Munich demos. Not my taste but I can understand that someone can like them.

Reactions: Alrainbow

Moiz Audio

Jun 6, 2017

Headphones only. This was done with a B9audio VR Binaural sphere.

Industry affiliation disclaimer: Norwegian Grandinote rep.

heihei

VIP/Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I heard these in Munich and again, like last year, was a lot to like - real impact and presence. Issue still the same that when pushed can sound a bit hard, but again not a great room (was in Hifi Deluxe this year rather than MOC).

Reactions: Moiz Audio

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I heard these in Munich and again, like last year, was a lot to like - real impact and presence. Issue still the same that when pushed can sound a bit hard, but again not a great room (was in Hifi Deluxe this year rather than MOC).

Agreed...they sounded very good indeed in Munich; when he pushed them beyond the room's ability to host them and the speaker/setup's limits, they became hard & edgy but I suspect the small room had an awful lot to do with it. Great guys hosting the room, alot of fun to talk to, no 'attitude' or elitist feel, unlike quite a few rooms there or any audio show, clearly only loved the music itself as the real story and the gear and speakers were a means to an end.

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
WoW Carbon Fiber inside the cabinets makes a big improvement...

NO Crossover parts to get in the way of the music!

Next generation of Stereo!

Last edited:

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
All new Grandinote MACH 16's and Mach 8P's are out now !

Moiz Audio

Jun 6, 2017

Grandinote at this years Munich show ( Room F232)

The rig consisted of: Grandinote MACH9, Shinai,Volta and Celio. ALso new were the VIA cables. The turntable was The Funk Firm.

I try at all cost to avoid songs from stockfisk and other silly "audiophile" records, I actually discovered Teddy Pendergrass "Dream Girl" last year ( unintentionally) and de he literally destroys every "audiophile" vocal demo tracks out there.

soundwas caputured with a Pearl DS70 quad channel microphone into a Zoom F8N PRO

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
We had quite a bit of fun with Grandinote. Here's an installation Max and I did with the only Grandinote Mach 36's to greet these shores, (USA) . The owner, Mitch, had one of the most impressive collections of single malts I've ever encountered. We played the system with my Genesi and Demone. It was a most impressive sound. Full Grandinote .JPG The Grandinote Mach 36 and Scotch.JPG Genesi...Beautiful.JPG Music Corner.JPG Music Music Music.JPG
Max Grandi and Fred Prana.JPG

Scotch and Scotch.JPG

Attachments

• Grandinote and Prana.JPG
    Grandinote and Prana.JPG
    409.9 KB · Views: 8

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing