New Full-Range Ribbon Speaker Line Debuting in Munich

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
I remember being so very disappointed when I did the C mod to the Medallion...absolutely no improvement to my ears whatsoever, in fact even slightly more veiled. My dealer at the time was telling me the mod was essentially an epiphany and that all the difference in the world was to be had by this mod. Here I was thinking the old Maggie’s that I had sold for a song were so much superior, and here he was telling me the Acoustats were in a different league to the lowly Maggie’s. It was only years later that I found out that while this guy sold Acoustat, he used Maggie’s in his home system...
Needless to say, I wasn’t terribly upset when he closed up shop for good after going bankrupt.

I observed similar behavior and have to agree that many of the dealers that didn't walk-their-talk didn't end up making it. The trouble with dedicated music lovers and audiophiles is that we tend use our ears as the final arbiter and can see hype and b.s. a mile away. We then walk away from those guys never to return and unless they can continue to shine on a new group of customers they end up failing.

Reactions: DaveyF

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
So who’s ready to get a set of the Michelangelo? Only $250k and only requires 30’ x 40’ room. TBO, my wet dream.

Mike, I think the rep for the Micheangelo's is making a huge mistake, he should be suggesting a price of $2.5M for these. After all, one has to set one's top of the line speaker apart from the standard audiophile speaker pricing....:rolleyes:

dr k

VIP/Donor
Aug 4, 2016
California
Mike, I think the rep for the Micheangelo's is making a huge mistake, he should be suggesting a price of $2.5M for these. After all, one has to set one's top of the line speaker apart from the standard audiophile speaker pricing....:rolleyes:

IKR? Lol.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing