New forum created for subjectivist members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will state that I have not once cursed at Amir. As I said before, sweeping generalizations do not a strong case make. Many people die or lead their lives for principles that they believe to be noble, but instead take on twisted incarnations of the original cause. Being dedicated to winning and "being right" is different than engaging in conflict resolution. This has been clearly demonstrated when I was told to quit if I didn't like oppressive new rules meant to shield him from criticism. I feel sorry for him and have no desire to curse at him, he's struggling with leftover corporate strategy tools in a new environment that doesn't support them.

Lee

Will there ever come a day when folks who wish to make so called object/measurement oriented posts may ONLY do so in their designated sandbox and the same who wish to post purely experiential stories?

This forum needs to sit side by side by the Measurement forum in the top echelon of the forum so that people don't think we give priority to objectivists. I also want to see if people use it or not. This will give us data and costs nothing to try. If members don't have use for a space where they can share all their subjectivists views without interference, then we know that is not a problem to worry about.

I moved the forum back and I appreciate you letting this unfold for a bit.
sigh.jpg

This is what Steve, Tom (and to some extent Lee) need. None of them have conflict resolution skills. Their only mode of operation is to get angry and shout profanities.
Amir, this is exactly what trolling is. You throw out a lob like this (which is completely untrue) and expect us to remain professional. Up until 8 or 9 months ago, you were silent when it came to managing the forum. The forum ran smoothly since it's inception and up until then. Please note that I did not say "perfectly". You even admitted it, then quickly rescinded what you had clearly posted.

We are remaining professional, trying to make the best of a situation that garners no respect for either side since you decided to make things public. As for the profanities? I'll let the membership decide as to whether that's a complete lie or not.

Tom

Will there ever come a day when folks who wish to make so called object/measurement oriented posts may ONLY do so in their designated sandbox and the same who wish to post purely experiential stories?

no problems in your area michael, your measurement and engineerings focused and cause 0 problems. infact you're one of the best members imo

we can learn from sony, silo type corporate structure ends in disaster. thats whats happening here, its not clever and you dont need 30 years experience to know that. we dont want a million segregated areas, all pulling in different directions and all the while diluting content and the validity of debate.

this silo mentality was a 90's early 2000's idea its been proven to be crap so let's stop now. anyone who thinks we need a experiment to prove this... well just go buy this book 'the silo effect' by Gillian Tett.

after you read that read this ' The age of Absurdity' by Michael foley

after you have done that look this up ' The brain with David Eagleman' its been shown on BBC 4 but i am sure you can find it (its all about how our brain conjures up our world, yes it might open a few eye's if your a die hard subjectivist but its compulsory viewing )

once all thats been digested we will all be one big happy family :D well more or less

Last edited:
..nothing like clicking on WBF over my morning cup of java and reading this never ending BS drivel. My gawd guys get a frigging life. There is no joy in Mudville..arrrrgh. Over and out baby!

This new attempt by Amir to create a subjectivist forum is dead in the water. The only people who are even posting comments are objectivists talking about what color to make this forum. No one is the least bit interested and no one is ever going tout up a thread there. It serves no purpose except to divide the community even more. Has there been one person other than himself who feels the creation of this forum is beneficial in any way. It's nothing more than a trojan horse, another smoke screen to deflect from the real issues here

I would hope not. The mix of reasonable measurement posts and reasonable subjectivism (not too many demands for Peter Belt's devices, for instance), along with (mostly) mutual respect was what once made WBF the interesting place that it was.

the real issues here

Like BlueFox stating that I called for Bill Low's ban, which I never did, and then when I correctly point out I never said such a thing I'm called arrogant instead of an apology?

This is some mighty fair handedness going on here.

I don't think the objectivist/subjectivist divide is really THE source for nasty posts. So I agree if that's what you are saying.

This new attempt by Amir to create a subjectivist forum is dead in the water. The only people who are even posting comments are objectivists talking about what color to make this forum. No one is the least bit interested and no one is ever going tout up a thread there. It serves no purpose except to divide the community even more. Has there been one person other than himself who feels the creation of this forum is beneficial in any way. It's nothing more than a trojan horse, another smoke screen to deflect from the real issues here

listeners are not interested in fenced off areas. period. any gear thread where the focus is on music reproduction performance ought to have an experiential focus. where listening perceptions are not trivialized and enthusiasm is allowed to flourish. not to say that questions and accountability is not allowed, but it needs to be presented in the spirit of encouragement. disagreements are fine and passionate opinions. we all don't need to agree.

it's a matter of balance. some are always going to be more or less subjective or objective. but it's an audiophile website for audiophiles. objectivists need to simply have at least a degree of respect for that. and over time objectivists were able to be measured enough for things to be workable.

go back 2 years and read gear threads. where things were then was reasonably balanced.

then go today and choose a number of objectivist newer members, read their last 100 posts, and see what their agenda might be. negative, negative, negative. hey; it's a free country and they have every right to their opinions. and the forum has it's right to moderate the kind of place it wants to be.

fenced off corrals of kumb-by-ya is just a punch in the mouth.

listeners are not interested in fenced off areas. period. any gear thread where the focus is on music reproduction performance ought to have an experiential focus. where listening perceptions are not trivialized and enthusiasm is allowed to flourish. not to say that questions and accountability is not allowed, but it needs to be presented in the spirit of encouragement. disagreements are fine and passionate opinions. we all don't need to agree.

it's a matter of balance. some are always going to be more or less subjective or objective. but it's an audiophile website for audiophiles. objectivists need to simply have at least a degree of respect for that. and over time objectivists were able to be measured enough for things to be workable.

go back 2 years and read gear threads. where things were then was reasonably balanced.

then go today and choose a number of objectivist newer members, read their last 100 posts, and see what their agenda might be. negative, negative, negative. hey; it's a free country and they have every right to their opinions. and the forum has it's right to moderate the kind of place it wants to be.

fenced off corrals of kumb-by-ya is just a punch in the mouth.
I consider myself an 'audiophile' in as much as I am passionate about fidelity ,I just want to understand why I hear what I am hearing.
Keith

Ass licker!
Keith
well he's not as amusing as you keith...

guilty as charged, hay its a talent.. whats a man to do.

also you can't be unkind to me as i have 'special needs' to go with my special talents.

michael your fruit based diet makes you a pleasure to deal with, behind the scenes of course:D

It's an expression I picked up on WBF!
Thomas is ok ,for a subjectivist!
Keith

Thomas is beyond categorical approach. Yes, he's very subjectivists but he's also genuinely interested in science and even owns gear which comes from very serious science/measurement roots.

I'd much rather see an enlightened approach where we realize that art and science must coexist and synergize each other. Your assistance to me with Dirac (all science) enhanced my enjoyment of my recordings immensely. That is the higher example of how this should work.

Lee

Thomas is beyond categorical approach. Yes, he's very subjectivists but he's also genuinely interested in science and even owns gear which comes from very serious science/measurement roots.
I always suspected he was beyond categorisation !
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing