New Entreq Athena rack

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I saw Entreq build a hi fi rack that is called Athena. It is a wooden one and seems evolutive with different possible configurations.
Does someone now more about it caractiristics, wood used etc and heard it or heard about ? Entreq is a big name in this hobby and if they make a rack we can hope it is a good one.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Hi Paolo.
Hope you are well.
There's a good piece about the Athena rack on the Lotus Hifi site under Entreq new products.
Hope to get a Poseidon to try next week and will report further.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
Very interesting to see if grounding a rack can be effective and if yes equivalent with amps and digital sources.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
I always wondered whether anyone would build a Faraday cage rack one day. Or a grounded cage per shelf or variations thereof.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
If the Athena succeed in combining vibes isolation or absorbtion with EMI / RFI treatment it should be one of the king of the block for some time.
It could be interesting to know if there is several or only one type of wood in it and the quantity and type of grounding material used.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I saw Entreq build a hi fi rack that is called Athena. It is a wooden one and seems evolutive with different possible configurations.
Does someone now more about it caractiristics, wood used etc and heard it or heard about ? Entreq is a big name in this hobby and if they make a rack we can hope it is a good one.

Just been talking to my Entreq expert who is bringing me a Poseidon and Apollo clock cable on Friday and asked him about the Athena.
The woods used are oak and beech, the latter being what they use on their cable connections and which I am advised is denser than oak with all the benefits that brings.
That applies to the legs and the 2 and 3 shelves, the latter comprising 5-11 layers of the two woods with an inner sandwich of a non disclosed black material which is not some proprietary bonding material. As usual with Entreq an absolutes minimal use of any metal.
I am told that the workmanship is of the highest order and that it has been admired and commented upon by skilled woodworkers who have inspected the product.
It all indicates that this is not just another wooden rack and can be expected to perform well with the added benefit of Receivus style EMI/RFI absorption.
Hope that is helpful.

cuntigh

Dec 20, 2014
FRANCE
I asked Per Olof for 2 amp stands. I would like to compare them to the SRA platforms. The idea is to make a comparison between SRA for the ATM 3 with native feet and Athenas with native feet, Herbie's feet and Shun Mook UDR feet.
It could be interesting I think.

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
I asked Per Olof for 2 amp stands. I would like to compare them to the SRA platforms. The idea is to make a comparison between SRA for the ATM 3 with native feet and Athenas with native feet, Herbie's feet and Shun Mook UDR feet.
It could be interesting I think.

Very interesting.
Do let us know the outcome.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing