New Avantgarde Duo Mezzo G3

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Nice.

RoyGregory

Jun 8, 2012
Near Salisbury, UK
The new model actually drops the Duo moniker, an intentional step by AG to reposition the product, reflecting its all-horn nature. It might seem like a small thing, but it does very definitely place the speaker as a 'Junior Trio' rather than sitting it at the top of the Duo series, something that makes a great deal of sense once you consider potential performance.

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
The new model actually drops the Duo moniker, an intentional step by AG to reposition the product, reflecting its all-horn nature. It might seem like a small thing, but it does very definitely place the speaker as a 'Junior Trio' rather than sitting it at the top of the Duo series, something that makes a great deal of sense once you consider potential performance.
Thank you, Roy. You are right, missed that. The potential performance will have its price (probably around the 100k in iTron version). Still, Avantgarde is on a roll! Hope to hear them soon:) but the GT iTron is on my shortlist of one;)

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thanks for sharing. Was wondering when this version will come out.

What is the retail price for these?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Gosh, I'm *loving* that TT!

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany

Ultimate Audio

Jun 28, 2012
Lisbon
ultimate-audio.eu
interesting, die direction flow arrow shows to the Ongaku Amp and not to the speakers.
Any reason for this?
The negative is towards the amp but the positive arrow is towards speaker terminal.
It was designed this way by QSA Lanedri and we follow their recommendations.
BR
Miguel

Reactions: shakti

miglto

Oct 17, 2021
NYC
instagram.com
I really like this new horn Blue/Grey color combination.
View attachment 126929

BTW, if you have the active module (iTron) with the new Mezzo, it will be very interesting to compare it with Kondo Ongaku and tell us your opinion here.
I was tickled by the possibility that there was another Miguel with a Kondo Ongaku and AG Mezzo’s!!! I am one of those Miguels:

But I see this is Ultimate’s setup. Beautiful.

I DEFINITELY want to know how Ongaku and iTron compare!!! Thank you.

Reactions: acousticsguru

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
First experience of the Mezzo yesterday… mind boggling good: BIG sound, Deep bass. Only negative… they are really a step up from the GT’s :rolleyes: … damn:eek:

Reactions: hogen

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
Sounded really good at the Axpona 24, to my ears better than most loudspeakers in the price range of 100K usd category and above. Too bad, when lots of European audio brands are being imported into the States their price almost always doubles, as is the case with these DUO GT 72K Euros (not sure about the VAT), but are 119K USD in the US.Please do not blame the exhorbitant shipping and customs costs being the main contributing factor, as said costs are NOT that much today, as some of us have had rather extensive experience in the logistics of export-import, including your truly.

Last edited:
Reactions: nirodha

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Sounded really good at the Axpona 24, to my ears better than most loudspeakers in the price range of 100K usd category and above. Too bad, when lots of European audio brands are being imported into the States their price almost always doubles, as is the case with these DUO GT 72K Euros (not sure about the VAT), but are 119K USD in the US.Please do not blame the exhorbitant shipping and customs costs being the main contributing factor, as said costs are NOT that much today, as some of us have had rather extensive experience in the logistics of export-import, including your truly.
The Duo GT including iTron is 64k in euros in Germany, about 53k passive (high and mid section). It works the other way as well: US products are hideously expensive when bought in Europe. It is all about taxes probably.

AudioLibertarian

Dec 25, 2017
NEW YORK CITY
The Duo GT including iTron is 64k in euros in Germany, about 53k passive (high and mid section). It works the other way as well: US products are hideously expensive when bought in Europe. It is all about taxes probably.
In the US its mostly the distributors who jack up the prices. There are some audio companies that insist on their product portfolio be priced the same around the world (taxes VAT exclusive of course). Sadly, too few of those. And, then after these distro fail to sell more than 2 or 3 a year, a new distributor is found, and the circle starts anew. There are so many great European audio companies that are lingering in limbo , or much less known to the US buying public than than they deserve, because of this travesty. Its a shame really.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing