Visit to Todd (sbnx) Avantgarde Trio G3 in Parker, Texas

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
did you try Duelund Cast cu?
Yes Dueland is a very musical cap but not the dynamic like Mundorf SGO or the soundstage and timbres like a true copper max. in the end it's your personal taste or what you're missing in the speaker concept that counts. it's fine tuning , you can certainly listen with this three caps at the highest level.

Reactions: Argonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Drobak Norway
in my VERY neutral and ultradynamic horn system I lean on musical......especially above 600Hz
waiting for a custom made platinum bypass cap to listen to across the 22µF series DuelUnd ....supposed to add in that department

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
in my VERY neutral and ultradynamic horn system I lean on musical......especially above 600Hz
waiting for a custom made platinum bypass cap to listen to across the 22µF series DuelUnd ....supposed to add in that department
I would like to try Richard Jahre gold glimmer caps. They are supposed to sound great but my budget is too small. csm_Glimmer-Kondensator-GOLD-Bf43_8babd07e10.jpg

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
what do they cost then?
I know only the price for normal version of RJ glimmer 2.0 uf ~ 2500€ Cessaro use it in the xover for tweeter horndriver.
After that I didn't dare ask about the price of the gold version. Richard Jahre has been building the best capacitors in the world for 60 years.
Works at extreme temperatures, almost no manufacturing tolerance, barely measurable loss angle.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I know only the price for normal version of RJ glimmer 2.0 uf ~ 2500€ Cessaro use it in the xover for tweeter horndriver.
After that I didn't dare ask about the price of the gold version. Richard Jahre has been building the best capacitors in the world for 60 years.
Works at extreme temperatures, almost no manufacturing tolerance, barely measurable loss angle.
You diy guys might not fall for the highly exaggerated prices of speaker makers, but they get you anyway when you buy the gold and silver bling for your crossovers ! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Pokey77

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
You diy guys might not fall for the highly exaggerated prices of speaker makers, but they get you anyway when you buy the gold and silver bling for your crossovers ! :rolleyes:
I would never buy the Jahre Glimmer at the new price ,sometimes used ones appear on eBay. The motto is: lie in wait and then snap up.
I rather dismantle old Techtronix measuring devices and use this cap as a bypass cap.

s-l500B85g7d4S2jXJL (1).jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing