New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Trolling wars between coach Malone and Lebron have begun. :D

wow--I'm surprised by this announcement

Warriors tab Mike Dunleavy Jr. as next GM

Mike Dunleavy Jr. is entering his 6th season with the team in a front-office role.

I thought this was a good read as to Ja Morant and his suspension....

Everything you need to know about Ja Morant's 25-game suspension

Reactions: jadis
Interesting that the 2019 first pick was Zion and the number 2 pick was Morant. Both were supposed to give the NBA a new face as both were super talented and exciting to watch. But both are now struggling with health issues, physical for Zion and mental for Morant. One can even believe Zion has both.

Beal to Phoenix for CP3, Landry Shamet and a bunch of second rounders. Can anyone explain to me why you trade Beal for a package w/no first rounders?

the trade

• Wow
Beal to Phoenix for CP3, Landry Shamet and a bunch of second rounders. Can anyone explain to me why you trade Beal for a package w/no first rounders?
I'm thinking The Wizards have plans beyond this one trade.
With CP3, Kuzma and Porzi??is all question marks.

Agreed. Just surprised they let go of easily their number one asset and got apparently little to build off of

I'm curious why Ja Morant is portrayed as having mental health issues.

Maturity issues, certainly.
A lack of awareness of what is expected and required of him in his position.

The guy is still only 23 years old, with a lot thrust upon him at an early age; pressure, expectations, money.

Agreed. Just surprised they let go of easily their number one asset and got apparently little to build off of
I guess they have had some time to gauge what if any interest other teams have in Beal.

Although a quality player, I certainly wouldn't want my team to trade for him at his price.
Suns have got a bargain.

Last edited:

the trade
Wow, the GM of the Suns is really good. He also got out a package for KD without giving Booker or Ayton. To ship out a 38 yr old injury prone CP3 and Shamet for a great scorer and still in his prime Bradley Beal is a super duper catch. And fans in the social media calls it a meager deal for the Wizards. Interestingly, both KD and Beal were initially in Celtics trade rumors but both Nets and Wizards would have wanted a package that included a super max bound Jaylen Brown, Smart and picks. The GM of Phoenix is really good. :)

From what I understand, the Wizards will now shoulder the 2 year $60m contract of CP3, with an option to waive him before June 28, and save about $45m. It's mind boggling why the Wizards will do such a trade without 1st round picks. But then again, what hinders them is that they agreed in the past deal of Beal , to include a no-trade clause. Beal can veto any deal involving a team that he does not like, and WSH is back to square 1.

Reactions: christoph and rblnr

The guy is still only 23 years old, with a lot thrust upon him at an early age; pressure, expectations, money.
"In March, Morant, 23, was suspended for eight games after an Instagram Live video showed him displaying a firearm in a Denver-area nightclub. In the days after, Morant spent time at a counseling facility in Florida. Two months later, the two-time All-Star was filmed posing with a firearm in a car."

Even during the first gun episode, Morant spent time at a counselling facility, and for this second offense, the league also imposed a condition that he should attend counselling sessions and then be re-evaluated, as far as his mental approach to his career in the NBA is concerned. To me, for a kid to just give up millions and millions of dollars with one offense and even more millions on this second offense, points to a mental problem rather than a physical one. He has issued a statement of apology owning up all the issues against him and promise to reform. He knows exactly what is wrong or right, the problem is that he cannot control his actions. That is where the counselling need comes in, imo.

I believe Ja currently has a right under the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.
He has done nothing illegal.

Under the NBA rules, he is permitted gun ownership. But there are restrictions.

His recent conduct does not point to mental health issues.
Unless I (quite possibly) missed it, he has not been diagnosed medically with any such problems.
I wish people would stop reporting it as such.

It points to his misunderstanding of his obligations under the NBA. Who he associates with.
How he perceives his safety.

Looking ahead to the new Suns team, I am reminded of Nets 2.0 , with KD, Kyrie and Harden. These 2 sets of trio (Nets and Suns) could pour in 100 points easily with their teams. Question is, where is the defense coming from? Denver has shown they could defend and win against a team armed with fantastic shooters. Again, the dilemma with having a big 3 - there is only 1 ball. :D

Suns will be scary if they trade Ayton to land an Aaron Gordon and a KCP types of players. I wonder who will be left on the Suns bench. Lol

Last edited:

Unless I (quite possibly) missed it, he has not been diagnosed medically with any such problems.

It points to his misunderstanding of his obligations under the NBA. Who he associates with.
Indeed Silver said it's not a legal issue. It's a private organizational issue. NBA has put its thrust a long time ago into providing not only entertainment but a good moral foundation for kids, who look up to the players as role models. Same as some big shoe companies, they will immediately cancel a big deal with a player involved in some scandal. Their standards is cut a bit higher than needing a crime to abrogate a deal. If the league didn't see it as a mental issue, then the suspension could have taken a few games and not require counselling and improvement after counselling. The league doesn't need a medical certificate to do that, it has broad powers to enforce discipline within the organization. And Adam Silver is a lawyer, he's very much in control. Well, maybe not very much, but in control.

He has a mental disorder that can have a name out to it. Immaturity might be a part of it but not the cause of it.

Maybe in your country. Yes in this country he has a right to bear arms. What he was doing was brandishing a firearm in a public place. This is not immaturity. He has a personality disorder of some sort.

he must have a license to carry or he would have been arrested for possession without a license or put a photo of you doing it on social media You don’t brandish a firearm in a public place. Period. This has nothing to do with his constitutional rights.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing