New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
They didn't play James, Westbrook, Howard at all. Can't expect to win that way.
A prequel to load management. Not bad. Before the season even has started

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Steve Williams

Preseason, these games don't really matter.

Bad news today for the Lakers was that Trevor Ariza is out 8 weeks with ankle surgery upcoming.
well here we go,,,,,the old boys do tend to get injured more often

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Saw highlights of the Bulls destroying the hapless as usual Cavs. This is a fun team to watch. Bob must be all smiles :)
Yeah, it was a lot of fun to watch. A novelty in recent times for the Bulls, five guys on the court all at once who know how to play :). Caruso looked great — thank you LA.

I can tell you everyone in NY is sick of Kyrie and his endless nonsense.

Steve Williams

Yeah, it was a lot of fun to watch. A novelty in recent times for the Bulls, five guys on the court all at once who know how to play :). Caruso looked great — thank you LA.

AC or "the white mamba" as he was called in LA was truly one of my favorites. He gives his all every game and is a fabulous team player. I wish him well

Reactions: rblnr and christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

This Kyrie thing, well, if he actually fulfills his wishes to hold out home games, and the Nets goes to the Finals and it will be like baseball, where the National League does not allow DH, and Kyrie will not be allowed in his own home games, how weird can that be. :D And Silver will be watching wherever he prefers to see Kyrie or not.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Move over Clippers....the Lakers are going to load management their big 3...........

SEASON PREDICTION​

The Lakers might treat the regular season with mild urgency. Putting their feet on the gas pedal from October through April could put the health of their ‘Big Three’ in jeopardy. The Lakers especially can’t afford to overload Davis, who pulled up lame in the first round of the playoffs last year which proved costly. It’s possible that LeBron, Davis and Westbrook might be load-managed into playing only 40-45 games together and if the Lakers don’t get best record in the West as a result, they can live with that. It’s all about the championship with this club. Predicted Finish: 49-33.

So much for Kendrick Perkins prediction of 70 wins

Steve Williams

Here's the question that I have been pondering for the past few weeks.........

Do the Suns have the wherewithall to repeat as Western Conference champions this year. They hit the "good luck" button last season and even though they are a young and talented teamI am not convinced they can close out the West. I do know one thing for sure......the Lakers in their wheel chairs cannot keep up with this talented and very young team

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada

Do the Suns have the wherewithall to repeat as Western Conference champions this year. They hit the "good luck" button last season and even though they are a young and talented teamI am not convinced they can close out the West. I do know one thing for sure......the Lakers in their wheel chairs cannot keep up with this talented and very young team
to call guys with bodies like LBJ, Howard, Rondo people in their wheelchair makes you or us what ? :D

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So better not let them play? :p
Let's call it another evolution, Silver style. Load management pre season edition without injuries, only for rest. Are pre season tickets free? No. It's cheaper but they expect to see the starters play for like even 10 minutes a game. The league and the players have perfectly conived to short change the paying fans, who are then conditioned to watch the game anyway, not knowing who will play or not. And btw, Simmons is not paid per missed pre season game, but did Lebron and Westbrook get paid for yesterday's rest?

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

The Suns are a very good team. Booker is outstanding and Ayton is a very good player continuing to develop with star potential. CP3 is CP3....kudos for continuing to play well at his (advanced) age. Good fortune did smile upon them last season.

The Western Conference seems wide open this season.

Denver and the Clippers are hobbled by injuries to key players (Jamal Murray and Kawhi).

The Lakers have an All Star roster with Father Time hanging over their head.

Last year's top seed, Utah, still looks good.

The Dallas Doncics are also a threat especially if Porzingis figures out it is a team game and he gets his ego in check.

Almost forgot about the Warriors presuming Klay Thompson makes it back.

Should be fun to watch :)

Steve Williams

Personally I like the Mavs and I love the GSW‘s

I agree the West is wide open and that the Suns are exceptional however they did have a triple dose of Lady Luck on their side

Reactions: jadis and christoph

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
This Kyrie thing, well, if he actually fulfills his wishes to hold out home games, and the Nets goes to the Finals and it will be like baseball, where the National League does not allow DH, and Kyrie will not be allowed in his own home games, how weird can that be. :D And Silver will be watching wherever he prefers to see Kyrie or not.
Probably a bunch of places he won’t be able to play if that scenario goes. Very hard guy to like.

On another note, I think Lonzo Ball will prove to be one of the best pickups of the yr.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Totally
Probably a bunch of places he won’t be able to play if that scenario goes. Very hard guy to like.

On another note, I think Lonzo Ball will prove to be one of the best pickups of the yr.
i like Lonzo but he just never fit in as a Laker only because Lebron held his and 4-5 other players destiny in his hands as LeBron wanted AD. Lonzo was part of that deal. Personally I like Melo who I think is faster than his big brother

Reactions: jadis

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Totally

i like Lonzo but he just never fit in as a Laker only because Lebron held his and 4-5 other players destiny in his hands as LeBron wanted AD. Lonzo was part of that deal. Personally I like Melo who I think is faster than his big brother
Agreed on Lamelo -- definitely faster. Only thing I'd give to Lonzo is he's, at the moment anyway, a better defender. After playing with Lebron then Zion, this will be the first time he's really in the driver's seat with the ball in his hands. We'll see.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing