New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Or how about this distraction Phil. I never thought I would hear of such things in the NBA. IMO the last thing to ever come close was the crooked NBA ref who was betting on the games he was officiating (Tim Donaghy in 2007)

• Wow
Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Or how about this distraction Phil. I never thought I would hear of such things in the NBA. IMO the last thing to ever come close was the crooked NBA ref who was betting on the games he was officiating (Tim Donaghy in 2007)

Quite shocking, Steve.

Steve Williams

rubber match tonight at Staples as the Lakers once again face the Suns.

Lakers and Nuggs are the only teams who are 0-3 in the preseason whereas the Heat and the GSW are 3-0. The Lakers must be exhausted from 4 games in 8 days. I wonder if Westbrook will knockdown his 2nd basket as a Laker in this game whereas I am already reading critics are beginning to proclaim Harden as the initial leader in the MVP race. The only thing which isn't happening fast around the league is the Lakers. I do hear however they are trying out a new version of WD-40 on their wheel chairs. Anything to get some Lakers movement would be appreciated

Warriors IMO have what it takes to get right back into contention in the western conference

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
rubber match tonight at Staples as the Lakers once again face the Suns.

Lakers and Nuggs are the only teams who are 0-3 in the preseason whereas the Heat and the GSW are 3-0. The Lakers must be exhausted from 4 games in 8 days. I wonder if Westbrook will knockdown his 2nd basket as a Laker in this game whereas I am already reading critics are beginning to proclaim Harden as the initial leader in the MVP race. The only thing which isn't happening fast around the league is the Lakers. I do hear however they are trying out a new version of WD-40 on their wheel chairs. Anything to get some Lakers movement would be appreciated

Warriors IMO have what it takes to get right back into contention in the western conference
Preseason means exactly nothing :D

Steve Williams

Preseason means exactly nothing :D
I agree completely however you can still form impressions from watching team play. My first impression of LeBrin wa that he looked somewhat slimmer yet he just seemed out of sync the entire game. The only Laker playing with any tenacity is THT who I expect to become a real star unless the Lakers feel he is too young for the team and trade him for someone older
Warriors destroyed the Lakers in the 4 th period as did the Suns.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I was just telling my son this morning that I'm waiting for Andrew Wiggins to 'elevate' to his No. 1 pick status, I mean If Jeff Green could 'elevate' his game at the tail end of his career, then Wiggins 'should'. :) If he does that, then the Warriors would be really contending given the impending arrival of Klay back early next year. A word about Klay, I really admire this guy, seated at the bench cheering his team on even during pre-season. No frills, no antics, just a pure basketball minded player in the mold of John Havlicek, among others. I wish him the best, to be back to where he used to be, 2 serious injuries cost him 2 years and I can see he is still in cheerful spirits, something I didn't see in Gordon Hayward in those years with the Celtics, and I wish him well too in Charlotte. I truly liked the guy coming out of Utah that year.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
I was just telling my son this morning that I'm waiting for Andrew Wiggins to 'elevate' to his No. 1 pick status, I mean If Jeff Green could 'elevate' his game at the tail end of his career, then Wiggins 'should'. :) If he does that, then the Warriors would be really contending given the impending arrival of Klay back early next year. A word about Klay, I really admire this guy, seated at the bench cheering his team on even during pre-season. No frills, no antics, just a pure basketball minded player in the mold of John Havlicek, among others. I wish him the best, to be back to where he used to be, 2 serious injuries cost him 2 years and I can see he is still in cheerful spirits, something I didn't see in Gordon Hayward in those years with the Celtics, and I wish him well too in Charlotte. I truly liked the guy coming out of Utah that year.
I alwas liked Wiggins a lot and really hoped that he finds a coach in Steve Kerr who can help him take the next step(s) from being a VERY good player to an excellent player I always thought he could be :oops:
But reading about his antivax nonsense lets me doubt his mental capabilities to some extent :rolleyes:
I fully agree with you about Klay, what a wonderful player :cool:
I really hope he finds back to his former glory but I'm hopeful because KD also did achieve exactly that :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
On another note, I just discovered that there is an NBA player named Trevelin Queen. His real name, no kidding. I almost mistook his name for Travelin. And guess which team he plays for? :) This should be tucked under 'trivia time'. :)

• Haha

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I alwas liked Wiggins a lot and really hoped that he finds a coach in Steve Kerr who can help him take the next step(s) from being a VERY good player to an excellent player I always thought he could be :oops:
But reading about his antivax nonsense lets me doubt his mental capabilities to some extent :rolleyes:
I fully agree with you about Klay, what a wonderful player :cool:
I really hope he finds back to his former glory but I'm hopeful because KD also did achieve exactly that :D
He seems to lack the court awareness and savvy ever to be great.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kyrie is really one of a kind. Here, he chose his own team to play for, not like the Cavs of Celts. And he even recruited KD to join him. His personal issues transcends his pro commitments. The thing is, who or which team will even want to trade for him. For a guy to give up $300k per game x 40 something games. That is incredible.

"Steve Nash essentially conceded ground to Irving Sunday, saying the Nets realize Irving won’t be available for home games this season, as New York City mandate would require Irving to be vaccinated from COVID-19.

“I think we recognize he’s not playing home games,” Nash told reporters Sunday. “We’re going to have to for sure play without him this year. So it just depends on when, where and how much.”

• Wow

Steve Williams

LeBron not playing tonight. Rest of the Lakers can’t make a a shot to save themselves as they are all shooting bricks and air balls

I know it’s preseason and thank heaven because Lakers are not in condition even close to the Suns who seem every bit as good as last year

Steve Williams

well here is the read of the day. We don't have to watch the games as all predictions are in.....

NBA.com 2021-22 GM Survey

The NBA's decision-makers tab the deep and talented Nets to win the title and Kevin Durant to win his second career Kia MVP.

Which team will win the 2022 NBA Finals?
1. Brooklyn Nets — 72%
2. Los Angeles Lakers – 17%
3. Milwaukee Bucks – 10%
> Last year: L.A. Lakers – 81%

• Haha

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: jadis and rblnr

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing