New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Gone are the days of the likes of Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. None of that crap ever went on. Same in the great Celtics and Lakers bygone year’s. The game is much different now.

I miss Lakers Showtime and Chick Hearn closing the fridge door on another game where the butter’s cooling and the jello’s jiggling :)

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I’m with rblnr. I can’t stand bought teams especially when it’s one player and not management that dictates who plays and who coaches.

As much of a Lakers fan I’ve been since the 70’s I would get no greater pleasure than to watch them implode. Or better yet the King and the Brow don’t get along.

My sentiments too. I feel the league has allowed this to happen. What is Silver doing about it? Nothing. I have a feeling that deep inside he might even be liking this as his main thrust is to see the league 'expand' in terms of popularity and how do you do that but to allow fanfare and drama into the league. After all the James' machinations and puppet pulling of one young AD over lunch in LA, the worst part that came was to have an agent, who is now an NBA household name and holds a stable of players under his company, openly threaten a team by name and say don't draft my boy cuz he is guaranteed to leave you in a year. A first. And for sure not the last antic that Rich Paul AND LeBron James will team up to do. I thought Vince McHahon did a lot of drama in the WWE but he is the owner of the 'league', Here we have a player with a bottomless ego, and his front man the agent, changing the league forever. And yes, I would like to see such 'axis power' implode too.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Gone are the days of the likes of Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. None of that crap ever went on. Same in the great Celtics and Lakers bygone year’s. The game is much different now.

So when James made the Decision 1 infront of the camera, as an ESPN 'special', he really had it planned all along, to manipulate this league to this day, in Hollywood. Shaq, with his Hollywood leanings, only had some rap and dance with the Jobberwockies. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil
Did you read the last sentence in the link you just sent. They talk about a rebuild around Steph, Green and Klay

Yes Steve. I think they can't afford to let Klay walk elsewhere.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Problem is that if Klay wants out I think his options are severely limited which is good for the Warriors and bad for the Clipps

Problem is Klay is a superstar and has never gotten the fame that Steph and KD get. Yet imo the thought of him and Leonard on the. Lips was strangely appealing to me as I’d love to see the Clipps outplay the Lakers

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Back to the draft, Pels of course got Zion, and also the No. 8 as the 4th was traded to Atlanta. (Really wonder why). So they now have Ingram (hoping his blot is cured), Ball, Hart, and Jrue Holiday. They drafted a center at the 8th spot. Pretty decent looking team, and Ball might just burst out, like D-LO.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chick and Vin, two of the best and I despise the Dodgers but would listen to games to hear him.

Despise. Now that is the word I should use for LeBron and Rich Paul. :D

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What would happen to the league he half of the stars today would fire their agents and Sign with Rich Paul? No wonder John Wall has a staggering $44m paycheck in his last year, about 4years from now, guess who his agent is?

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Unfortunately for the Clippers I think circumstances have worked against them - Raptors win the championship making it less likely Kawhi will leave and KD and Klay get injured so they are no longer viable alternatives either.

Better to sit tight or do 1 year deals for LAC rather than sign tier 2 players to tier one deals. They proved they weren't willing to do that when they traded Tobias Harris to the 76ers. Still hoping for a good result but it is definitely less likely

Changing gears, I hope the Pelican emerge from the AD fiasco with a good team. David Griffin has done a good job for them so far as EVP of Basketball Operations. I thought the Cavs did Griffin dirty so he deserved another shot and finally got it.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Over in the East coast, my team now will have as much as $36m in cap space if the let Rozier walk. I say go. Once we add two good veteran stars, we should be ok, like 2 years ago. And Danny, don't touch Morris, he is a Rich Paul spy. Suddenly I don't trust any Rich Paul players.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kawhi could give the Knicks a look, Raptors on a 1+1 deal, or look a the Clippers long term deal. The first line had to be repeated 3 times. :D

GSOphile

Sep 3, 2017
The Laker/Pels trade reminds me of the 1989 Cowboys/Vikings trade when Dallas gave up Herschel Walker for rights to what seemed like half the Minnesota franchise. If Pels ownership/management is astute, this could really turn out well for them. In spite of what the pundits say, I doubt it will for the Lakers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing