New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Melo to sign with Lakers? He'd sign a cheap deal and he is LeBron's buddy, too. Perfect fit.

And Cp3 can follow - Banana Boat reunion. Then take Wade out of retirement for a $. :D

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Melo to sign with Lakers? He'd sign a cheap deal and he is LeBron's buddy, too. Perfect fit.
The very thought of that makes me want to be a Clippers fan :oops:

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Draft Day tomorrow, and the way Ainge drafted (save for the Tatum deal), I am not very optimistic. I just looked at 2016, when he drafted Jaylen Brown at No. 3 - Jamaal Murray was available and went at 7. He drafted a name nobody even knows today, Yabusele at 16th, and a certain Zizic at 23rd, when Siakam, yes that same champion today Siakam was available and went at 27th. :( The worst part of all, is, Rookie of the Year Brogdon of the Bucks, at taken in the 2nd round at 36 overall. So instead of Brown, C's could have had Murray, Siakam and Brogdon in the green uniform today, and maybe the Raptors wouldn't even be champions without Siakam. :D Just some trivia in the off season - the most exciting part of the NBA. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Interesting thoughts about reports that Brad Stevens force feeding Hayward created discord in the locker room. Pretty silly, but Ramona gave a very good insight about how difficult it is to maintain balance in the ecosystem of a team. Comparisons with Doc and Austin to Brad and Hayward, as Brad was the college coach of Hayward and is like a son to Brad.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All he needs to do is to show the King his knee as he bows and the Lakers I heard are buying a team so I'm sure they'd make room for Kyrie

Like Super boy kneels to Zod.

Steve Williams

well today at least the start of next year begins

Will there be any surprises

I've read that several lower ranked teams in the draft are looking to move up by coveting the Lakers/Pels 4th choice in the first round

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I guess it is not really news but it appears Rob Pelinka didn't understand how to best structure the deal for Anthony Davis. His errors will be costly for the Lakers as they attempt to put their roster together. I thought most NBA teams had someone on staff serving as "capologist," a person who knows how to work the cap to the teams best advantage.

Jeanie really needs to hire a knowledgeable professional executive to run basketball operations.

From the Lakers forum -

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...e-pelicans-negotiations-ramona-shelburne-espn

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Hawks get #4, want Hunter.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27019018/hawks-trade-no-4-eye-hunter

I like Trae Young a lot and Hawks are shaping up to be a fun team. Am crushed that the Bulls dropped to 7, but this should be a pretty wild draft after the first three picks.

And now Minny gets #6, presumably for a guard.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27019140/wolves-get-sixth-pick-no-11-saric

I think someone should put together an all-misery team w/Kyrie, Melo, CP3 and maybe Jimmy Butler. It’d be like watching a meteor crash.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Hawks get #4, want Hunter.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27019018/hawks-trade-no-4-eye-hunter

I like Trae Young a lot and Hawks are shaping up to be a fun team. Am crushed that the Bulls dropped to 7, but this should be a pretty wild draft after the first three picks.

And now Minny gets #6, presumably for a guard.

I think someone should put together an all-misery team w/Kyrie, Menlo, CP3 and maybe Jimmy Butler. It’s be like watching a meteor crash.

The All-Misery Team, I love it. You made excellent choices, all cry babies and/or trouble makers.

And, yes, after the first three, it is anybody's guess as to who will be a good NBA player. There are always sleepers in the draft.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Surprised me...

Report: Warriors considering possible Kevin Durant sign-and-trade scenario

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-war...n-durant-signandtrade-scenario-163738520.html
So KD is definitely gone and Warriors get assets. We haven’t heard a word yet about Klay and whether they will do the same for him.

Warriors face an uphill struggle as the only two left are Steph and Draymond. My perception is Steph plays his best games during the season and tends to slow up in the finals although he did single handedly win a few this year

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So KD is definitely gone and Warriors get assets. We haven’t heard a word yet about Klay and whether they will do the same for him.

Warriors face an uphill struggle as the only two left are Steph and Draymond. My perception is Steph plays his best games during the season and tends to slow up in the finals although he did single handedly win a few this year

Am just thinking the same. Steph can't seem to do it alone. The minimum is Klay and they can give a good run still. In their first title year they had Harrison Barnes. When he left, that's when KD came in, major upgrade. So they are really missing a lot In this spot. Now it's a void.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

This year I’m betting will be a break out year in the west

Utah is better and Portland is one player away from being top tier

Clippers IF they make the right trades in the next few weeks should be top contender unless Jeannie says “ screw the cap” and spends another $100M to buy herself a championship

I’m with rblnr. I can’t stand bought teams especially when it’s one player and not management that dictates who plays and who coaches.

As much of a Lakers fan I’ve been since the 70’s I would get no greater pleasure than to watch them implode. Or better yet the King and the Brow don’t get along.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing