New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I thought Tatum played a great game.

This game showed me just how important the 3 point play is Both teams were making them. Celtics just made more. :cool:
Right. Celtics on a very hot 3 point shooting night, blew away teams by 50 points.

Reactions: christoph
I must say that Gobert is really a tough dude for doing what he did. And it might even be true, the name Scott Foster has been notorious in NBA fan circles. But this Fanduel thing will soon get blown out of hand. I now see the announcers of games plugging these betting sites. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: christoph
I truly don't understand why players are mocked if the shot banks in off the glass rather than swish through the net. a basket is a basket and a skilled player can use the glass to help sink the ball. The angle of incidence = the angle of reflection.
Please don't get me wrong, I really love a shot via the glass to avoid a defender elegantly.
That is a piece of beauty if done on purpose :cool:

Please don't get me wrong, I really love a shot via the glass to avoid a defender elegantly.
That is a piece of beauty if done on purpose :cool:
I love the bank shot too. Practiced it in my youth. Love the bank shots of Tim Duncan and Bill Walton. Those were done on purpose. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams
Luka continues to impress as he gets his 6th in a row triple double ...shades of Russell Westbrook but not sure where the Mavs are headed this year

OKC still in first with Wolves and Nuggets tied for 2nd , 1/2 game out of first, Things in the WC are so tight whereas in the EC Boston is 8 games ahead of the Cavs and 8.5 games ahead of the Bucks

I thought Boston and esp Tatum played a great game last night to come away with the win

Game tonight to watch is the Bucks vs Clippers. I can see the Clippers in the Final 4 in the WC ut I can't see them getting beyond that

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Who the heck is Luke Kornet on the Celtics.Never heard of him but he played an impressive game with some great shots as well as blocks and rebounds
7 footer, 3rd year man. Always great in alley oops, dunk variety. Many fans wanted him to take on Jokic, at least tire him with 6 strong fouls. But he wasn't utilized.

Tatum did something nice, which is to drive towards the hoop and finish. He's tall and the drive fits his repertoire well. His 3s are effective in the first 3 quarters but when the game is on the line, he's gotta drive and fish for a foul at least. I recall seeing his highlights in college and he was driving in a lot. I know he was mentored by Kobe but he doesn't have the mamba stinging, yet. Hopefully it comes soon.

Gobert slapped a $100,000 fine for the money sign on ref. Not sure why he is not playing now against the Lakers.

Sans Gobert, the Lakers are playing well against the Wolves and lead at the half 69-68

Austin Reaves made a dribble drive to the basket just before the half that I swear he had the defender faked right out of his jock strap

Lakers just don't know how to play a full 48 minute game. They played a great first half against the wolves and built a 10 point lead in the 3rd only to have the Wolves close the gap.

End of 3rd Wolves 92-Lakers 91

I continue to marvel at the ball handling skills of Austin Reaves. He can stop on a dime, change directions and totally fake the defense with his skills. He remains my favorite and nearly can inherit the moniker of "the whiter mamba"

Lakers heard my plea and quickly took over the game.

With under 6 minutes in the game Lakers have a 16 point lead.

a the saying goes, "sometimes the squirrel gets the nut"

Tonight was that very thing as the Lakers plated a stellar 4th period and cruise to an impressive win over the Wolves

Final 120-109

Could this be the same thing the Lakers pulled off last year to emerge from the play in and end up in the WC finals only tp get swept by the Nuggets :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
a the saying goes, "sometimes the squirrel gets the nut"

Tonight was that very thing as the Lakers plated a stellar 4th period and cruise to an impressive win over the Wolves

Final 120-109

Could this be the same thing the Lakers pulled off last year to emerge from the play in and end up in the WC finals only tp get swept by the Nuggets :eek:
The stand pat no trade at the trade deadline is now reaping fruits.

And there were rumors of who will replace Ham? :D

• Wow
Now this is the first bit of news that might give some pause to the Celtics.....

Power Rankings, Week 21: Nuggets jump past Celtics for No. 1 spot

Denver climbs to the top after a big win over Boston, while the rest of the Top 10 shakes up 5 weeks before the playoffs.

Reactions: jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing