New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

• Wow
Reactions: steve williams
On a side note, I now wonder why the Blazers traded McCollum for Josh Hart who was then trade to the Knick. McCollum and Lillard were a top lethal duo. It would be interesting who Portland targets on July 1, as Lillard waits and see.

On a side note, I now wonder why the Blazers traded McCollum for Josh Hart who was then trade to the Knick. McCollum and Lillard were a top lethal duo. It would be interesting who Portland targets on July 1, as Lillard waits and see.
I would target Poeltl if I was the Blazers or the Warriors.

I hope Lakers find a way to keep both players......

Lakers Extend Qualifying Offers to Rui Hachimura and Austin Reaves

I hope Lakers find a way to keep both players......

Lakers Extend Qualifying Offers to Rui Hachimura and Austin Reaves

Lakers have only James, Davis and Bamba other contract. They have a lot of money and cap space to retain these 2 players.

Watching some Unicorn pre NBA highlights, I'm beginning to see that the Celtics has a Wenbanyama who is 8 years into the league. :D Wenby might have Luka's dribbling skills but Porzi has Luka's 3 point shooting skills. LOL. As long as he doesn't get injured, Unicorn will greatly help the Celtics. And oh, Porzingis is a great shot blocker too.

Lakers have only James, Davis and Bamba other contract. They have a lot of money and cap space to retain these 2 players.
Not so sure Phil. What I’ve read is that if they extend Reaves then Hachimura would be traded

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
I saw a clip wherein Windshorst and caps expert Bobby Marks explain the Austin Reaves scenario. I recall Fishfood mentioning Lakers can offer only $55m for 4 years which was confirmed by Marks but if another team, say Rockets want Reaves too and as example offers $80m for 4 years, then Lakers can match it via the Arenas rule but they will have to do it by a poison pill contract wherein the first 2 years is like $11m each and then the next 2 years balloons to like $25m each, which will have an impact of those years' luxury cap or repeat offenders' tax, so it can amount to a lot more than $25m per year. According to Windy, this had happened in a Tyler Johnson deal a few years ago. I believe the Jeremy Lin offer from Houston was also a similar case.

Saw Reeves has interest from The Spurs.
I'd like that.
I would like him for the Celtics too. :D

Brogdon out, Reaves in.

Sorry Steve, just kidding. :)

I saw a clip wherein Windshorst and caps expert Bobby Marks explain the Austin Reaves scenario. I recall Fishfood mentioning Lakers can offer only $55m for 4 years which was confirmed by Marks but if another team, say Rockets want Reaves too and as example offers $80m for 4 years, then Lakers can match it via the Arenas rule but they will have to do it by a poison pill contract wherein the first 2 years is like $11m each and then the next 2 years balloons to like $25m each, which will have an impact of those years' luxury cap or repeat offenders' tax, so it can amount to a lot more than $25m per year. According to Windy, this had happened in a Tyler Johnson deal a few years ago. I believe the Jeremy Lin offer from Houston was also a similar case.
I would like him for the Celtics too. :D

Brogdon out, Reaves in.

Sorry Steve, just kidding. :)
Reaves is my favorite Laker. It would be a huge loss if he leaves IMO

Reaves is my favorite Laker. It would be a huge loss if he leaves IMO
You're good. There is zero chance of him leaving. Lakers will match any offer since the most anyone could offer is 11M for the first year. I've heard that no one expects anyone to try to introduce a poison pill, which would look something like this:

• 2023-24: $11,368,000
  • 2024-25: $11,936,400
  • 2025-26: $27,724,010
  • 2026-27: $28,971,590
  • Total: four years, $80,000,000
. I'm not sure anyone would want to screw the Lakers over that bad to risk having to pay that themselves...

I was stunned to read this article as to who ESPN fired. The best crew in basketball was let go as well as Jalen Rose.....

ESPN lays off longtime hosts in major shakeup

Among those losing their jobs at ESPN include Jeff Van Gundy, Jalen Rose

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Reactions: steve williams
Bruce Brown to Pacers. Great news for Jack! Finally your Pacers landed a champion, to boot. Big pay increase from $6m with Nuggets to $22.5m with this new deal for Brown. Reminds me of Celtics losing James Posey weeks after a title with a bigger contract with New Orleans. Pedigree of being a champion.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing