New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

honestly i think there is a lot of "nobody cares" about this particular record being set.
Silver, in his 'desire' to promote the NBA to the highest heaps and levels, has to bend to the 'face' of the NBA, which strangely, is mostly chosen by him and promoted by him. :D Next thing he should do is to hand a new team to the ownership of Lebron and company by some sort of decree. And all will happen. The die has been cast in that mold for quite a while now. And oh, let's not forget the NBA best partners, ESPN, ABC , and Disney. ;)

Adam Silver is such a weenie. Kareem looked old and drawn but he told Kareem it’s all good. Bronny and his family were all there. There was big applause for Kareem.

And then Le Bron gave his 5 minute acceptance speech and the world stood still.

game not over. Lakers losing
I honestly feel bad for Kareem. His face shows it all. His smile seems 'forced'. Such a gentleman. I've read many comments on youtube posts that mentioned Kareem doesn't show that kind of 'happiness' in handing out at baton or torch. I agree . Poor Kareem. If he were dragged or sweet talked by Silver to attend the ceremonies, I wouldn't be surprised. It's all for the world to see that event. I am reminded to certain extent the look of Bill Russells' face as he handed out the MVP Finals trophy to Kobe at the Boston Garden all due to the fact that the trophy was named after him. He took a few seconds, shook hands with Kobe , handed the trophy and left hurriedly. Kareem couldn't do that as it was a pre-planned global event, scripted by Silver and maybe even by LeBron. Anyone can see Lebron's face and 2 hands up after that shot. It was ALL ABOUT HIM. It's like the Lakers, the team, was just a blur and happenstance of a team (a bejeweled team at that). The guy is a master scriptwriter, director, and everything you can think of in packaging himself. And do I think Kareem was enjoying the whole show, when he somehow became a poor goat, or maybe a scapegoat, a flower vase in this global show. Oh boy. Since when has basketball became about 1 player? This is it.

So I woke up this morning and found that life goes on after last night’s coronation

Booker returns and Suns seem to be on a bit of a roll as they handily defeat the Nets

• Haha
Reactions: jadis and christoph
KD must be mulling his fate as he won’t be playing in the All Star game.
so many better things to read about in the league than the new all time scorer. And FWIW Lakers lost that game last night

• Wow
Reactions: jadis and christoph
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Kyrie really is dumb in so many ways....'respect is something earned and he didn't earn anything

Kyrie Irving: I was 'really disrespected' by Brooklyn Nets

'I’m going to be at a place where I’m celebrated and not just tolerated,' Irving said in his 1st press session following his trade to Dallas.

• Sad
Reactions: christoph and jadis
Kyrie really is dumb in so many ways....'respect is something earned and he didn't earn anything

Kyrie Irving: I was 'really disrespected' by Brooklyn Nets

'I’m going to be at a place where I’m celebrated and not just tolerated,' Irving said in his 1st press session following his trade to Dallas.
He should be a candidate for the top 3 nut cases ever to play the game.

• Haha
Reactions: christoph
Rodman for sure.
I'll have to research on the third.
Spreewell.

Then Ron Artest as honorable or dishonorable mention.

• Haha
Reactions: rando
Trade deadline already has some magic.
Westbrook and KD, with a day to go.
Suns got a great deal. Didn't have to include big names to grab Durant.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing