New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Clipps are healthy.

they have the richest owner in all of sports. It won’t be long before he holds the Larry O’Brien trophy.

I think as far as the Suns the sale of the team is a positive just as it was for the Clippers.

who will be will be the Cinderella team this year I thought the Kings for sure

Steve shoulda changed the name when he bought the team to end the curse. It's still alive and well. Lakers have the curse of LeBron to deal with themselves. I would trade that one championship to have my Lakers back with some homegrown talent and a chance to be good in the long run.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve Kerr facing the media. Asked if trust has been compromised, he answered, No Comment. Viewers comments below hints Draymond may seen his last days as a Warrior.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Steve Kerr facing the media. Asked if trust has been compromised, he answered, No Comment. Viewers comments below hints Draymond may seen his last days as a Warrior.

Not a chance. They care way more about the guy that released the video than Dray. He'll get a standing ovation at their first home game and all will be forgotten. This happens all the time in the NBA.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not a chance. They care way more about the guy that released the video than Dray. He'll get a standing ovation at their first home game and all will be forgotten. This happens all the time in the NBA.
And how would Poole feel on opening night. I got assaulted and this guy gets a standing ovation?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm amazed that Poole didn't suffer any injury. Had it landed on the nose of Poole, that will be a big thing.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Imo, the guy who leaked the video could not stand the violence committed by Green anymore. It's his way of exposing the guy for his extraordinary rough house antics, on a teammate.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Imo, the guy who leaked the video could not stand the violence committed by Green anymore. It's his way of exposing the guy for his extraordinary rough house antics, on a teammate.
This was a preseason practice so the video had to come from within the organization

Reactions: christoph and jadis

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
And how would Poole feel on opening night. I got assaulted and this guy gets a standing ovation?
I think this is going to inspire Poole. It's going to work exactly as Draymond intended it before he lost his head. He was challenging him because he was talking BS and not putting up a full effort. What's going to be funny is when someone becomes available mid-season and the Warriors trade Poole. Not sure they want to pay him a near max or max salary next season. He's been in a lot of trade rumors.

Reactions: eenecho

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I think this is going to inspire Poole. It's going to work exactly as Draymond intended it before he lost his head. He was challenging him because he was talking BS and not putting up a full effort. What's going to be funny is when someone becomes available mid-season and the Warriors trade Poole. Not sure they want to pay him a near max or max salary next season. He's been in a lot of trade rumors.
Only if Poole gets his chance to give his best shot at Draymond's face will he feel inspired, my feelings. By that time, they should made a mini wrestling ring and give Green a costume and tights. He is a grappler masking as a basketball player. Grapplers actually have to have a big loud mouth aside from their grappling activities. Fits Green to a T. Karl Malone did that, Rodman did that, but Rodman wasn't really a loud mouth. :D

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Only if Poole gets his chance to give his best shot at Draymond's face will he feel inspired, my feelings. By that time, they should made a mini wrestling ring and give Green a costume and tights. He is a grappler masking as a basketball player. Grapplers actually have to have a big loud mouth aside from their grappling activities. Fits Green to a T. Karl Malone did that, Rodman did that, but Rodman wasn't really a loud mouth. :D
Green and Rodman win championship, Karl, not so much. Results matter.

Look up what Poole was saying to Green. It was apparently the 4th time Poole got on him. Put his hand in the tiger's mouth one too many times.

Steve Williams

Look up what Poole was saying to Green. It was apparently the 4th time Poole got on him. Put his hand in the tiger's mouth one too many times.
Regardless ...this is a team and a team is only as strong as its weakest link. I don't care if it were the 44th time Poole got on him. Running the mouth in the NBA is commonplace. Assault and battery on a team mate is IMO simply inexcusable. Having said that, I don't see them trading Draymond because as I stated he is the present and knows how to win I would suspend him without pay for preseason and perhaps first 5 games of the schedule

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Trash talking is very different from physical assault and battery. Outside a gym, assault and battery is a criminal offense, must be higher than verbal abuse, I would think.

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Regardless ...this is a team and a team is only as strong as its weakest link. I don't care if it were the 44th time Poole got on him. Running the mouth in the NBA is commonplace. Assault and battery on a team mate is IMO simply inexcusable. Having said that, I don't see them trading Draymond because as I stated he is the present and knows how to win I would suspend him without pay for preseason and perhaps first 5 games of the schedule
Seems fair

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Regardless ...this is a team and a team is only as strong as its weakest link. I don't care if it were the 44th time Poole got on him. Running the mouth in the NBA is commonplace. Assault and battery on a team mate is IMO simply inexcusable.

Totally agree, Steve.

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Totally agree, Steve.

When I used to play in high level leagues our team was filled with D1 guys (I most certainly wasn't that) and there would be fights, even among teammates. One guy through a ball in off someone's head as the 5 sec count was almost out and almost got choked out. One time we all had to run because someone was going to his car to get a gun. These are tough people, often from tough neighborhoods. It's not a big deal to the team because this is how it's always been.

• Wow

Steve Williams

When I used to play in high level leagues our team was filled with D1 guys (I most certainly wasn't that) and there would be fights, even among teammates. One guy through a ball in off someone's head as the 5 sec count was almost out and almost got choked out. One time we all had to run because someone was going to his car to get a gun. These are tough people, often from tough neighborhoods. It's not a big deal to the team because this is how it's always been.
Really, so because in the high level leagues in which you played assault was considered part of the game is your story. There is no way any one who saw that video can shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, just part of the game"

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Really, so because in the high level leagues in which you played assault was considered part of the game is your story. There is no way any one who saw that video can shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, just part of the game"

Absolutely. When I got my first experience on being on the other side of the Warriors last Finals, I got a taste of Draymond's antics of playing into the minds of Brown and Williams of the Celtics. Yes he's like Rodman or Beverly but being on the other side gave me the real feeling. Game 1 he was not a factor and Game 2 he roared loud and thumped his chest on who he was guarding. I can understand that, in a Finals where you let your heart out, but at a practice game, with your own teammate? What are the stakes there?

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020

I'd like to hear people that have played at that level say whether or not it's part of the game. So far I'll I've heard is them saying that it is but maybe I'm missing other comments.

Coincidentally Bob Myers was in the league, back when he was an agent right after UCLA. I took a charge from him and he yelled at me. My claim to fame.

Steve Williams

Ahh, can you feel the love as Draymond allows the team to heal........

DRAYMOND GREEN STEPPING AWAY FROM WARRIORS AFTER ALTERCATION

The Warriors star publicly apologized on Saturday and announced he's taking a few days away to allow the team to 'heal' from the incident.

Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing