New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The other stat that spells dynasty is the GSW we’re in the NBA Finals 6 of the last 8 years and won it 4 times in 8 years

KD must be kicking himself as I dint see him winning another ring with the Nets

Congratulations Steve and Christoph. The cinderella story ends for Boston.
Phil

they are a Cinderella team. At the beginning of the season I had them 5th or 6 th in the East and no chance of getting beyond the quarter finals. They are young and will grow better as a team next year. You can’t turn the ball over 22 times and hope to win

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I also admire how Klay has been very comfortable in his back up role to Steph. He never once complained. The team is really built for the next 10 years (as Steph commented after the game)

Phil

they are a Cinderella team. At the beginning of the season I had them 5th or 6 th in the East and no chance of getting beyond the quarter finals. They are young and will grow better as a team next year. You can’t turn the ball over 22 times and hope to win
Same here.
Big congrats to your Celtics, Phil, as they were the extreme overachiever in the playoffs this year.
This should give them a BIIIIIIG confidence boost for the coming season. They are young and have obviously a great coach who connects seemingly very well with the team. They will learn from this year's playoffs and come back stronger next year.

Reactions: jadis
I also admire how Klay has been very comfortable in his back up role to Steph. He never once complained. The team is really built for the next 10 years (as Steph commented after the game)
I vast contrast to Scottie Pippen :rolleyes:

Whereas Klay is a MUCH better player and much closer to Steph than Scottie ever was to MJ :p

Scottie was always "just" the side kick :rolleyes:

congratulations to GS on the championship.
i tuned in mid first and it was evident how this was going to go and fell asleep right before half time (watching sports on east coast time zone sucks).

In vast contrast to Scottie Pippen :rolleyes:
Whereas Klay is a MUCH better player and much closer to Steph than Scottie ever was to MJ :p
Scottie was always "just" the side kick :rolleyes:

Not sure I agree with that Christoph.
They are two different players, different rules, different times.

Sure Klay is a better three point shooter than Scottie, but the game has changed..
Their time had traditional 'back to the basket' centres, less reliance on threes, and way more physical.

Scottie often played point forward (I think the first to do so?)
He made 8 All Defensive 1st teams, two 2nd teams.
And the Bulls developed their play to make him as near as perfect fit for MJ as they could.
And he was better on the fast break.

Last edited:
Here is a fabulous morning read that summarizes the Warriors road to the title

NBA Finals 2022: The seven moments that supercharged the return of the Golden State Warriors' dynasty

Reactions: christoph
Congratulations to the Warriors on a great climb back! Really fun to watch. As the Brazilians say of soccer, the Warriors play "the beautiful game."
I saw my first and only in-person Celtics-Warriors game in the early '60s at the old SF Cow Palace - Russell vs. Chamberlain. There was a big turnout in support of Russell and KC Jones, who had had a fabulous college career at USF. It was effectively a neutral court. Chamberlain outscored Russell as expected, but it was a battle - also as expected. Boston, being in mid-dynasty, won the game. Today's Warriors play a beautiful passing game styled not that differently from what I saw the Celtics play that night.

What did you think of GSW's video co-ordinator?

Almost tripled his minutes in Game 5 and 6 from Game 3 and 4.
Best +/- of the team.
May have been a different scenario if his injury absence had continue.
Bet GP is mighty proud of his son.

Last edited:
Just saw a short reel of Curry doing warmup shots from the logo of the Memphis arena. It's like he's shooting a free throw. Next season, I'm expecting to see more point guards like T Young and Ja Morant to shoot from such distance. That shot cannot be defended and is the lethal weapon. The game has certainly evolved.

Reactions: Steve Williams
more well deserved accolades for Steph.....

5 incredible stats from 2022 Bill Russell NBA Finals MVP Stephen Curry​

Steph Curry's Finals MVP-winning impact extended deep into the statistical realm. Here are 5 key numbers to know.

• Love
What a read and video :eek:

Reactions: Steve Williams
I think what’s most underrated about Steph is that he’s one of the great leaders of all time. Never makes it about himself (just like Lebron :)), leads by example, etc — this top down attitude changed Wiggins as an example and probably keeps Draymond more or less in line as well. I think you could definitely argue that Curry and MJ would be the best backcourt of all time.

Celts will find a distributor in the off season to keep them organized and settled. .Tatum and Brown will have to buy in. Love Marcus Smart, but that’s not his game.

As an aside, while Pippen couldn’t keep his ego in check, he’d be the second best player on the floor in this year’s finals IMO.

Last edited:
I think what’s most underrated about Steph is that he’s one of the great leaders of all time. Never makes it about himself (just like Lebron :)), leads by example, etc — this top down attitude changed Wiggins as an example and probably keeps Draymond more or less in line as well. I think you could definitely argue that Curry and MJ would be the best backcourt of all time.

Celts will find a distributor in the off season to keep them organized and settled. .Tatum and Brown will have to buy in. Love Marcus Smart, but that’s not his game.

As an aside, while Pippen couldn’t keep his ego in check, he’d be the second best player on the floor in this year’s finals IMO.
Curry takes charge, not scared to take the big shots, doesn't drive in to pass to a waiting 3 ball shooter. Killer instinct. It's just with KD with him, he deferred to KD to do his thing. No ego. I first saw this killer instinct in the 2016 playoffs with the Pelicans. They were down big but he just shot his way to tie the game and sent it to OT. So even had they gone down 1-3 in a series, I always believe that he can will his way to make his team win.

Curry takes charge, not scared to take the big shots, doesn't drive in to pass to a waiting 3 ball shooter. Killer instinct. It's just with KD with him, he deferred to KD to do his thing. No ego. I first saw this killer instinct in the 2016 playoffs with the Pelicans. They were down big but he just shot his way to tie the game and sent it to OT. So even had they gone down 1-3 in a series, I always believe that he can will his way to make his team win.
All of this plus he's a down to earth genuine nice guy who lets his play on the floor do the talking and not his mouth. One of my all time favorites and will go down as the one of greatest shots the league has ever seen

Reactions: christoph and jadis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing