Mr. Yoav Geva has left YG Acoustics

Hamburger

Nov 6, 2018
BruceD is the only one person that stated his first hand experience.
I stated my first hand experience with Alon and he was rude. Period.

BruceD stated his experience in post #81, after my posting. He is NOT the only person.
Get the facts and sequence right and assure us that Magico's dealers are credible.

Reactions: tobiasrankin

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I stated my first hand experience with Alon and he was rude. Period.

BruceD stated his experience in post #81, after my posting. He is NOT the only person.
Get the facts and sequence right and assure us that Magico's dealers are credible.
Sorry, Peter, I'm they don't want to let it go. I will stop responding when they stop.

Hamburger, Yes understood, you have you had your first hand experience. Microstrip I also believe had his first hand experience. Anyone else that I missed with their first hand experiences is fine with me expressing their opinions. No issue.

I was only referring to the those that commented on BruceD's experience with not having been in the room and know exactly what went on, from everyone's perspective, NOT to anyone who has their first hand experiences with Alon.

Can we leave it be now?

Reactions: Hamburger

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Sorry, Peter, I'm they don't want to let it go. I will stop responding when they stop.

Hamburger, Yes understood, you have you had your first hand experience. Microstrip I also believe had his first hand experience. Anyone else that I missed with their first hand experiences is fine with me expressing their opinions. No issue.

I was only referring to the those that commented on BruceD's experience with not having been in the room and know exactly what went on, from everyone's perspective, NOT to anyone who has their first hand experiences with Alon.

Can we leave it be now?

No, we cannot leave it there, you've driven this too far, Bob.

So now those who commented on BruceD's experience are the bad guys? He was not the only one who reported a bad experience, and before this thread others have too. So it's not that such reports are unbelievable.

Regardless, I did not confirm Bruce's experience, but only said what I would have done in such a situation, and so have others. Your posture and accusations about those who reacted to BruceD's post, including myself, ring morally hollow.

And "crucify"? Methinks you're a bit exaggerating.

Joe Whip

Feb 8, 2014
Wayne, PA
Back on the topic, I know Dick Diamond, have had dinner with him, helped him set up YG speakers and, even though I have no interest in YGs because of cost, Dick is a class act all the way and one of the best guys in the whole industry.

Reactions: Barry2013

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
No, we cannot leave it there, you've driven this too far, Bob.

So now those who commented on BruceD's experience are the bad guys? He was not the only one who reported a bad experience, and before this thread others have too. So it's not that such reports are unbelievable.

Regardless, I did not confirm Bruce's experience, but only said what I would have done in such a situation, and so have others. Your posture and accusations about those who reacted to BruceD's post, including myself, ring morally hollow.

And "crucify"? Methinks you're a bit exaggerating.

Al,

I would love to discuss but as pointed out this is a YG thread. If anyone would like to discuss either PM me or call me at 212-229-1842. Would be happy to discuss whatever with whoever.

ALF

Mar 15, 2012
Southwest
Hello All,

My other brother Larry, has experiences with both Mr. YG and Alon...he says both gentlemen where respectful and gracious with their time and sharing their knowledge. He also mention that Alon has really good guitar skills...

vbw,
a

Reactions: jeff1225

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Gentlemen:

I should've stopped this Alon complaint stuff sometime ago, not the least because this is a YG thread. Reporting a first-hand experience is fine. That has been done.

Anyone commenting on uncorroborated allegations is just stirring the pot.

Please let's stop talking here about Alon and the allegations.

Thank you.

Reactions: BruceD and jeff1225

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
I've personally sat in Magico demonstrations at maybe 3 or 4 shows (CES, Munich, Rocky Mountain, Axpona etc) a year for the last 10 years. 3-4 years prior to becoming a Magico dealer.

In 80% of those shows Alon was managing the playlists and the room. We are talking 30-40 shows here and I was in the rooms for probably 2-3 hours during each show. I NEVER once saw Alon react negatively to one person in any of the rooms.

I'm not commenting because I represent Magico and am proud to so so and proud to represent Alon as well. I am making my comment as I have first hand experienced the Magico rooms and the picture that the lynch mob here is presenting here does not mirror what I sat and experienced over a ten year period at many shows.
Hope that is true. I have a lot of respect for magico's designs and didn't want to burn that bridge for a future upgrade.

tobiasrankin

Mar 7, 2020
I also would like to at the next show that BruceD attends where Magico is presenting and Alon is present for BruceD to stop by and discuss his experience face-to-face with Alon and myself.

I know Alon, he would NEVER just go up to someone that was in the room and tell them to leave for no reason at all. There may have been something going on that BruceD was not aware of, ie, a reviewer session or something and maybe Alon in his way asked BruceD to leave. I believe there was some type of mis-communication. Alon never would just tell someone to leave the room for no reason, under any circumstances.

I would invite BruceD to meet face-to-face with Alon and myself to discuss his experience at the next show that we all attend together. Something went on and it's too bad that BruceD had this experience, but I really believe that there is more to the situation. It just does not make sense.
I really appreciate this and would love for it to actually happen. Thanks for suggesting it Rhapsody.

I just want to say my magico dealer in Canada Mark Jones is probably the single nicest audio dealer I have ever dealt with. So nice and caring, down to earth. I am blown away by his service.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing