Moving to a new house and so many questions!

stephen_volker

Nov 2, 2015
Hey guys!

A new job came which is causing me to relocate. I am approaching move-in and have some questions beforehand to hopefully get things organized before I set up my audio rig. The room is about 14'6" by 24' with a drop ceiling. The ceiling is about 7'6". I'm debating on removing the drop ceiling and maybe doing drywall to get some more height. They also don't have HVAC in the basement so I am debating on what type I want to do. All recommendations welcome.

Best regards,
Stephen

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201123-105200_Redfin.jpg
    Screenshot_20201123-105200_Redfin.jpg
    696.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Jim Smith

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Get more height!

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Reactions: stephen_volker

petemccollister

Apr 14, 2023
Congrats on the new job and upcoming move! Sounds like you've got some exciting decisions to make about your new space. Removing the drop ceiling could definitely open up the room and give you more height, but it's worth considering the costs and whether it aligns with your overall vision. As for HVAC, it might be worth exploring different options like ductless mini-split systems or traditional HVAC depending on your budget and heating/cooling needs. Residential real estate management might have some insights into optimizing your new home.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing