Mola Mola Kula, a one box amplification solution?

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
I am looking for one box solution for amplification. After hearing and being very impressed by the new Purifi Eigentakt Stereo Amplifier I’ve become interested in what the Mola Mola Kula might sound like. Anyone have experience listening to this 13k integrated? I considered posting this on the preamp/power amp forum, but wasn’t sure if that would be appropriate.

waltzingbear

Apr 8, 2019
Portland, Oregon
I am looking for one box solution for amplification. After hearing and being very impressed by the new Purifi Eigentakt Stereo Amplifier I’ve become interested in what the Mola Mola Kula might sound like. Anyone have experience listening to this 13k integrated? I considered posting this on the preamp/power amp forum, but wasn’t sure if that would be appropriate.
unless he has updated the amps, its an earlier version from the same designer, Bruno Putzeys. More akin to the Ncore than the Purefi.

Vangelis

Oct 11, 2011
From what I understand Bruno Putzeys developed a new module for the Kula.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
The Kula is a remarkable piece, and with the Tambaqui DAC installed, I suspect it might represent the pinnacle of current one box solutions.
I have had two of the most popular iterations of the latest Purifi stereo amplifiers paired with SOTA Preamps (A/C and others) in our reference system. The Kula gives up nothing in comparison. I don't believe the Purifi amplifier circuit is better in any way to that of the Kula, with the Kula preamp/amplifier edging out the Purify in terms of authority and dynamics. Detail between the two circuits is equivalent, however, the Kula has been voiced in such a way that the Purifi can only match it when paired with exceptional 5 figure preamps like the best frpm Audionet or Aries Cerat..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing