Master Tapes - Genuine or Fake

Foxbat

Jun 11, 2020
I would just about to say Ditto! to that comment - I listened to it last night and what a pleasure! Thank you, Jonathan for this gem!

If my display was not saying "Mono" I would probably not even notice.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Not only does the Oscar Peterson tape sound great and contain great music, but it is a bargain at $150. Anyone else selling that tape would charge 3 times the price, or more. I realize there are many factors involved in the cost of providing tape copies, but Jonathan continues to feed us tape heads affordable music on tape. Thank you.

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
Agreed, Jonathan provides the best bargains in commercial tapes these days. At last count I have 38 of his albums! Larry

Pacha

VIP/Donor
Apr 23, 2014
Not only does the Oscar Peterson tape sound great and contain great music, but it is a bargain at $150. Anyone else selling that tape would charge 3 times the price, or more. I realize there are many factors involved in the cost of providing tape copies, but Jonathan continues to feed us tape heads affordable music on tape. Thank you.
I'm really glad I purchased my Oscar Peterson tapes when it appears no one else wanted them. AKA, less then $20 each. As an aside, a close friend of mine is a piano teacher and she owns one of Oscar Peterson's pianos.

Reactions: srs148 and astrotoy

astrotoy

VIP/Donor
May 24, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm really glad I purchased my Oscar Peterson tapes when it appears no one else wanted them. AKA, less then $20 each. As an aside, a close friend of mine is a piano teacher and she owns one of Oscar Peterson's pianos.
Is it one of OP's Bosendorfers? Larry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing