Massive rack

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I just set up a new rack from Klaus at Odyssey Audio. He calls it a massive rack. Boy is it ever. Shipping weight was 450 lbs. It is walnut veneer over 2" of mdf. It took 2 of us to set it up.
It in my mind is a beautiful piece of furniture. Sorry the picture is so bad. Bad lighting and Kindle has a terrible camera.

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_114549.jpg
    IMG_20211114_114549.jpg
    579.3 KB · Views: 156

matakana

Aug 26, 2020
UK
I just set up a new rack from Klaus at Odyssey Audio. He calls it a massive rack. Boy is it ever. Shipping weight was 450 lbs. It is walnut veneer over 2" of mdf. It took 2 of us to set it up.
It in my mind is a beautiful piece of furniture. Sorry the picture is so bad. Bad lighting and Kindle has a terrible camera.
Congratulations, looks mighty fine, and allnic too, wow !

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Wow, that’s beautiful. At that weight it should perform well. Congrats!

twitch

Jun 17, 2010
SE Pa
Handsome piece ! I'm curious, are variable height risers available so as to accommodate greater vertical clearance ? Thinking along the lines of better ventilation, especially for tube gear.

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Handsome piece ! I'm curious, are variable height risers available so as to accommodate greater vertical clearance ? Thinking along the lines of better ventilation, especially for tube gear.
Klaus can make the risers any height you want. Mine are 9" and 12" . I wanted to store records on the bottom self but alas they are about a quarter inch to short.

Reactions: twitch

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
Amp stands. The risers are about 3" .

Attachments

• IMG_20211115_144204.jpg
    IMG_20211115_144204.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: twitch

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
I have wondered about racks like this. There are a few woodworkers out there making solid racks for not a lot of money. They don't have any "technology " to them. Some are solid wood. Some laminates. What I wonder is, do they work well as a stand.

Loki, what do you have to compare it too. Do you play with footers and have a feeling for optimum vibration control. Did you notice a change in the way your equipment voiced when set on the new rack.
Rex

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
I have wondered about racks like this. There are a few woodworkers out there making solid racks for not a lot of money. They don't have any "technology " to them. Some are solid wood. Some laminates. What I wonder is, do they work well as a stand.

Loki, what do you have to compare it too. Do you play with footers and have a feeling for optimum vibration control. Did you notice a change in the way your equipment voiced when set on the new rack.
Rex
I previously had 2 Michael Green clamp racks. They were pretty beat up from all the brass cones used. Do I hear anything different? No. I'm not using any footers other than
the ones that come on the equipment. Other than airborne vibration i don't need any isolation as my floor is brick over a concrete slab.I
I wanted a new rack to look like a nice piece of furniture.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I was hoping for a slightly different content based on the title. ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing