M12 Gold Switch

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I believe Romaz ended up going with some combination of the M12 and Melco switches.

Probably right, there was someone that had an Ethergen/M12 combination, at least for a while. I'll bet it won't sound "bad". I am curious about the Ethergen myself and in conjunction with the M12.

I would like to take the Edge out of my network and also try the Ethergen just to see the effects, BUT I'm gun shy about touching ANYTHING with my network. Thinking the magic might disappear. Something for "down the road".

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
Probably right, there was someone that had an Ethergen/M12 combination, at least for a while. I'll bet it won't sound "bad". I am curious about the Ethergen myself and in conjunction with the M12.

I would like to take the Edge out of my network and also try the Ethergen just to see the effects, BUT I'm gun shy about touching ANYTHING with my network. Thinking the magic might disappear. Something for "down the road".

The EtherREGEN can be sensitive to the number of upstream switches in the chain. A small number of users (including myself) have reported connectivity problems with a router and one or more switches before the EtherREGEN. All of this is to say that replacing the Edge with an EtherREGEN may a worthwhile experiment. You'll always be able to put the Edge back in its rightful place should the magic disappear. :)

Reactions: rgmd11 and Rhapsody

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I have been using the EtherRegen for around 5 months and just received my M12 gold a few weeks ago. After trying to connect the EtherRegen with LPS-1.2 in front of the M12, I decided to sell the ER.

Thx!!! Good information.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The EtherREGEN can be sensitive to the number of upstream switches in the chain. A small number of users (including myself) have reported connectivity problems with a router and one or more switches before the EtherREGEN. All of this is to say that replacing the Edge with an EtherREGEN may a worthwhile experiment. You'll always be able to put the Edge back in its rightful place should the magic disappear. :)

Thank you! Want I want to do is take out the Edge and just go from the Verizon router to the M12 Gold Switch, although I don't think the Edge is a negative but I need at some point to do it.

Musiclvr

May 20, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience; I just got an EtheRegen as a replacement for my AQVox SE which has gone into another room. I am definitely very interested in the M12 Gold; what I was trying to understand is that in your set up was the ethernet cable going from the router to the EtheRegen and then to the M12 Gold or the other way around?

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience; I just got an EtheRegen as a replacement for my AQVox SE which has gone into another room. I am definitely very interested in the M12 Gold; what I was trying to understand is that in your set up was the ethernet cable going from the router to the EtheRegen and then to the M12 Gold or the other way around?

I don't have an M12 Gold. My setup at the time was router => ethernet => SOtM switch => fiber => EtherREGEN.

I no longer have the EtherREGEN and am awaiting the arrival of a modified Melco S100.

nuway

Jun 26, 2019
Congrat auricgoldfinger. It's a great unit. Do you know who and what was modify in the S100?

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
Congrat auricgoldfinger. It's a great unit. Do you know who and what was modify in the S100?

Pink Faun made the following modifications:

1. Replaced clock with their Ultra OCXO clock (25 Mhz)
2. Installed separate 5v DC input to power clock module
3. Replaced stock internal DC wiring with quality cables and soldered directly to switch (without connectors)

Reactions: nuway

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Amazing . Wonder what will jcat psu do the the syst

Attachments

• 2DB6AEC3-2206-4D79-A90D-BA41CECFB9DA.jpeg
    2DB6AEC3-2206-4D79-A90D-BA41CECFB9DA.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 323570BA-44A0-40FE-AA51-42DB019EBAD9.jpeg
    323570BA-44A0-40FE-AA51-42DB019EBAD9.jpeg
    574.9 KB · Views: 163

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Left rack Stillpoints ESS. Plenty of Ultra 5 & Harmonix footers . 2 DIY racks . M12 switch waiting for the the magic of Jcat PSU & Diaza platform to screw on the M12 switch . System - good stuff . Odin 2 iC, Odin pc , Goebel PC , Goebel SC, Trinity pre/ trinity monoblock, Ch Precision Dac + PSU , JMF conditioner , Vertere Ethernet cable & Jcat Signature Gold Lan. Probably 1 of the most expensive Extrema ( supported by 6 Ultra 5 each side ) Syst connected to Wilson Benesch Torus Sub. Some of u may know Tan. A member here . Hf Tan. 1 day , Taiko Extreme should be seating on the rack.

p/s . 1 Taiko Extreme landing in Malaysia soon , purchased by a newbie audiophile

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcin_gps

redscouser

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
Left rack Stillpoints ESS. Plenty of Ultra 5 & Harmonix footers . 2 DIY racks . M12 switch waiting for the the magic of Jcat PSU & Diaza platform to screw on the M12 switch . System - good stuff . Odin 2 iC, Odin pc , Goebel PC , Goebel SC, Trinity pre/ trinity monoblock, Ch Precision Dac + PSU , JMF conditioner , Vertere Ethernet cable & Jcat Signature Gold Lan. Probably 1 of the most expensive Extrema ( supported by 6 Ultra 5 each side ) Syst connected to Wilson Benesch Torus Sub. Some of u may know Tan. A member here . Hf Tan. 1 day , Taiko Extreme should be seating on the rack.

p/s . 1 Taiko Extreme landing in Malaysia soon , purchased by a newbie audiophile

Song, will have to be next year before I can listen to Tan’s system, but please keep us informed on it’s sound/musical bliss...

Rg Mark

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Song, will have to be next year before I can listen to Tan’s system, but please keep us informed on it’s sound/musical bliss...

Rg Mark

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia

Rg Mark

Mark , Uk? Paris longing for your company.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
tested with dual M12. Didnt have the opportunity to listen today

Attachments

• 3B67E518-1FF2-4F6B-8D07-AF1465298F8C.jpeg
    3B67E518-1FF2-4F6B-8D07-AF1465298F8C.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 78

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
tested with dual M12. Didnt have the opportunity to listen today

This looks impressive
Please let us know how do you like this dual setup ?
Aslo did you compare it with others in chain ?
Melco s100 / moded Buffalo / ER /
What is the best setup for you .
Romaz best setup is : Melco s100 - Telegartner M12 gold - Melco s100- Extreme server.
I am trying to get something I could keep for a long time.
"Buy best and forget"
for some time, untill something better comes to market

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
The system belong to friend . . Didn’t hear much improvement with dual M12 but its so good paired with Jcat Gold Signature Lan. Didnt compare with the rest . I think a Melco S100 coming soon .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing