Luxman L-509Z

audiopacer

Dec 18, 2023
Pittsburgh PA
Hello. I am curious about the differences between the new "Z" 509 vs the outgoing 509X; I have owned the 509X a few times, as well as the M900U/C900U and D08U; I had the separates in a basement setup that has been dismantled for other reasons. I have been in a nice office setup with high ceilings and a nice acoustic space. More intimacy and punchier bass. I really like it. In any case I recently acquired new Devore Super Nines and using a Hegel H190 to help break them in while I hunt around for a sweet integrated. It has to be an integrated amp because I just don't want to deal with separates anymore. To my great surprise the Hegel H190 seems to have good chemistry with the S9's; The bass is excellent and I can find no fault in it, rather the opposite. There is much goodness; The weight and punch are spot on and really grip the S9 woofers; Midrange is uncolored and sounds to my ears, pretty natural. The only area I seek to level up is the upper presence region/ treble. On occasion I get a sense of hardness but it's actually pretty minor. I suspect the Luxman 509X or Z would be a better amp but have read no real reviews out there on the Z, which has been out for a year now. Thanks for reading.

MusicLoverUpstateNY

Apr 20, 2021
Hi,
I also have the super 9 coupled with the 509x.
I also have a audio note oto phono signature that’s a good match. I was also wondering about the 509z..

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing