Looking in the small speaker segment for $5k

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
I've recently decided after a brief visit with the Wilson Alexia that I want to step up my game in the speaker department. I've got a smallish room at 14'x12' and I'm looking for something to work well in the space. The speaker position is on the 12' wall, which also holds my 120" projector screen. This is a bit of a limiting factor for proper 2 channel setup, but something I have to deal with. I currently use 28 WPC 845 monoblocks, but I would be willing to change amplification for the right speaker. I've got what I feel is a reasonable amount to spend - up to $5k, new or used.

The top of my list right now is the Joseph Audio Pulsar. While I haven't heard this one in particular, I have heard a VERY similar speaker many compared favorably to the Pulsar that was the best monitor I've heard to date. What other options should I be looking at?

DSkip

Industry Expert
Aug 26, 2013
Arlington, TX
www.audiothesis.com
Considering the size of your room & equipment I would HIGHLY recommend the Evolution Acoustics MicroOnes.
Great bang for the buck. Many great reviews.
Be prepared to get a magnitude of suggestions....

http://www.evolutionacoustics.com/loudspeakers/microone/

I've actually heard those MMMicro Ones and they are second on my current list. I almost tried to find a way to buy them last May at LSAF... I just didn't have the funds at the time.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Von Schweikert Unifield One w/ a pair of Rythmiks

All of this within budget and no need to change amps ;)

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
If you are considering used, Joseph Audio Pulsars. Best bookshelfs under $10K that I've heard.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Audition the Gallo Reference Strada 2's with the TR-3D sub.

Small, compact and plays very big. Total retail $4K.

GG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing