Looking for SANKEN S-60W IC

eugen_syd

Jun 20, 2010
Hi people,

I am located in Sydney Australia and I am looking for 4 x SANKEN S-60W IC's. I am willing to repair an AKAI AS1080 quad amplifier. Got it from e-bay and has one IC missing and the others not working properly. Anyone has any ideea where can I locate those? I contacted SANKEN ELECTRIC Japan but these are absolete.
Any help is much appreciated.
Regards
Eugen

Amir,

Much appreciated your answer. They quoted me USD$200.00 ea plus freight. I bought the amplifier for AUD$50.00. Would I invest that much in a 1970 amplifier? I am still looking. I saw S-60W sold on e-bay under USD$25.00 I wonder why megausa would charge that much????

Eugen

Because they can, that's why. When manufacturers stop making parts and it could be a certain IC or transistor, some buyers scoop up the remaining inventory so that they will be the only source when people need a particular SS part. For instance, the IGBTs used by Counterpoint in the NPM mono block amps are no longer made and no longer available. Mike Elliott no longer has any more in stock and can no longer repair NPM amps if they require IGBTs (my brother got the last set Mike had when his amp went in for repair). If you had a NPM amp and loved it, what would the IGBTs be worth to you? They have you by the short hairs my friend. You need to either junk the amp or pony up the cashish.

Yes MEP..you are 100% right! However i hope I can source this part at a resonable price. Some people have in stock up to 147 pieces. How many people left looking for this part?....

Eugen

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing