Lloyd Walker of Walker Audio has Passed Away...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
For all audiophiles, particularly those who have enjoyed and admired his work which is renowned even among those of us who only listen to digital. I have listened to his TT before on a world-class system...I could not discern what was TT out of the entire system...but the system was certainly magic.

Reactions: hvbias

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
For all audiophiles, particularly those who have enjoyed and admired his work which is renowned even among those of us who only listen to digital. I have listened to his TT before on a world-class system...I could not discern what was TT out of the entire system...but the system was certainly magic.

wow, very sad to hear. known Lloyd for over 2 decades. spent time with him and Fred at many audio shows over the years. loved his turntable, over it's many versions, and have owned a number of his products.

big hearted personality and a credit to our Hifi community. he will be missed.

RIP Lloyd.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
RIP Mr. Walker. Thank you for your contributions to our hobby.

Tom

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I remember talking with lloyd about his Prelude record cleaning system. He was quite enthusiastic and very generous with his time. A legendary audio person who will be missed. RIP

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I met Lloyd once at Albert Porters house. A wealth of knowledge and certainly had built one of the worlds top tables...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I met Lloyd at RMAF. He was working withe small TAD and Technical Brain Amplifier. He had just beaten cancer. It was the first time I witnessed anyone adjust via to audible effect during play. Great turntable that actually obtainable. He set it up himself.
RIP

Reactions: PeterA

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I met Lloyd at RMAF. He was working withe small TAD and Technical Brain Amplifier. He had just beaten cancer. It was the first time I witnessed anyone adjust via to audible effect during play. Great turntable that actually obtainable. He set it up himself.
RIP

I met him at RMAF 2010 under the exact same circumstances so it must’ve been the same trip. He had just beaten cancer and return from a long motorcycle trip. He had two of his turntables both in TAD rooms. One was with the compact speaker and one was with the large reference and I think both rooms had technical brain amplifiers.

he seemed very happy to be back to enjoying life after his illness. The sound in those rooms was extremely good. I enjoyed talking to him. Rest In Peace.

amadeus

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2018
So sad to hear that Llyod Walker past away):

His turntable surely deserves more recognition in my opnion one of the 10 best ever turntables ever made....

Also his Phono Stage is traffic and deserves much more recognition. Last year he made a Phono stage for me on custom special order whit 2 inputs instead of the standard one input so i can switch form one arm to the other easily.

Great person great knowledge all is gone know may he rest in peace he will be remembered as an Audiophile Artisan!

Mar 3, 2020
I worked with Lloyd for many years - He was passionate about his work, his friends, music, and his love of God. He always supported me and my designs, something I will always be grateful for. My prayers are for his wife, family and friends. I also pray there is beautiful music where he is. ~ Peter Ledermann ~ Soundsmith

oldvinyl

Jun 3, 2017
Specific Northwest - Seattle area

Thanks for letting us all know.
The Walker turntable is one of the products I have admired and yearned for. Lloyd was always very helpful about the use of the record cleaning products that I ordered.
I will also say that he was one of those rare people that was dedicated to quality and the refinement of the product. It just got better and better.

Rest in peace.

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Very, very sad to hear this news. If anyone has any video/audio of him would you mind uploading it to Youtube? I think it would be nice to have this, he was very knowledgable about TT design the one time I was able to speak to him in real life.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing