LL1 Dual Mono 4 Chassis Preamplifier-Review

Jan 29, 2012
Well , after over a year with my LAMMs, the LL1.1and 4x M2.2s, I wonder how any tube rolling on either would improve what I consider, humbly, a genuinely beguiling sound- any thoughts and sources of reliable tubes?
Jack recommended the Amperex 7308 for the M2.2's and I have to say its a wonderful an inexpensive upgrade. I noticed improved smoothness and a deeper sound stage.

JackD201

[WBF Founding Member]
Apr 21, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Glad they worked out for you Jeff :D

As for the LL1, I would trust in Vladimir's stash of DRs and if I ever get the chance to own LL1s, I'd likely only source tubes for them from Lamm, same as the 6c33s. All non-Lamm sourced 6c33s on my ML1.1s failed miserably.

steve williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Glad they worked out for you Jeff :D

As for the LL1, I would trust in Vladimir's stash of DRs and if I ever get the chance to own LL1s, I'd likely only source tubes for them from Lamm, same as the 6c33s. All non-Lamm sourced 6c33s on my ML1.1s failed miserably.
Totally agree

When it comes to the Signature series ML3, LL1 and LP1 the only tube I have ever rolled is the 12AX7 tube in the ML3 where I use a Telefunken ECC803S NOS

About us

• Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing