Let's Get A Consensus Of The Best DAC's In The Market Today

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
No but I guess you have bought a Källa?
No, but I asked since I have seen you use or used Klangedang speakers in your set-up and these are often used together with Lejonklou.

Matt

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
No, but I asked since I have seen you use or used Klangedang speakers in your set-up and these are often used together with Lejonklou.

Matt
Yes I have used Klångedang speakers. But never with Lejonklou products:)

Audio_Karma

Sep 24, 2012
The best DAC at any price maybe the $250k Audio Note DAC
Best bang for the buck DAC might be the Aqua La Scala together with a Aqua LinQ
Getting the best sound from your system starts at the DAC period !

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
The best DAC at any price maybe the $250k Audio Note DAC
Best bang for the buck DAC might be the Aqua La Scala together with a Aqua LinQ
Getting the best sound from your system starts at the DAC period !
I was just saying to someone this morning, there are 3 DACs in all the years we have owned the Zanden 4-box digital that I would like to hear:

- Wadax Atlantis Ref DAC
- Audio Note DAC 5th Element & 5th Force
- Zanden Seikoh (not released yet)

Have you heard the Audio Note DAC 5th Element/5th Force? Presume at 250K, that is the one you are referring to? By any chance, have you heard the Wadax? Any listening notes would be most welcome!

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
I was just saying to someone this morning, there are 3 DACs in all the years we have owned the Zanden 4-box digital that I would like to hear:

- Wadax Atlantis Ref DAC
- Audio Note DAC 5th Element & 5th Force
- Zanden Seikoh (not released yet)

Have you heard the Audio Note DAC 5th Element/5th Force? Presume at 250K, that is the one you are referring to? By any chance, have you heard the Wadax? Any listening notes would be most welcome!
Go visit AN in Brighton. I'm sure you could hear a 5th element/force if you give enough notice?

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020

L3RD

Apr 30, 2022
One of the most viewed and posted to forums here at WBF is the DAC Forum. Recently there have been a lot of new threads asking about what is the best DAC, the Best PCM DAC, Best NOS DAC, Best Asymmetric DAC, Best DSD DAC etc

This lead me to thinking, wouldn't it be nice if we could get a consensus from members as to what they consider the world's best DAC's. Do these need to cost a king's ransom or can they be bought on a tight budget.

There is no right or wrong answer. In fact I would hope everyone will put up a list of their 10 best DAC's. After the thread has run it's course then I would like to go back and collate the results and then amend the OP with everyone's top 10. Those listed below are in no particular order or preference

1 Personally I have used the Playback Designs MPS-5 and I can access the DAC via the proprietary USB-X to play HiRez PCM up to 24/384 and 2X DSD. I am very happy with this and have no plans on changing.

2.TotalDAC

3.BADAC2

4.Trinity DAC

5. Lampizator

6.CH Precision C1

7.MSB Diamond

8.dCS

9. Weiss Medea

10. AudioNote DAC5

So what would everyone else list as the top 10 DAC's

When done we should be able to put up the opinions of members here. My 10 above are only 10. I'm sure we will get a he diversity of opinion but out of it perhaps we might get our top 10
Hi Steve,

kevinkwann is right. Some love Vandersteen 2B speakers, I loath their muted highs, which is why many love them. The only consensus is that we should agree that listening is predicated upon a multiplicity of personal predilections. Therefore there is only what's right for any given listener, and that may well change over time too!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing