LDMS Server

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Wow he is still around good to see this.
two names come to mind in historical digital
Audio. he is one I can’t remember the other guy now lol.

tinkerphile

Nov 27, 2021
Glenn
No, I just talked to him on the phone while he was driving to Zurich. I will be trading in my current LDMS for the upgraded version. There may be an opportunity to demo my unit if interested.
This inquiry is a bit late, but I only just saw the post - not enough time to keep up with all the irons I've got in the fire. I didn't know LDMS offered "trade-in" options, and I've not seen any trade-in or refurb' models on the LDMS site. I had been looking for something like this, so I am curious to know. Thanks.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I don't know if Lucas Audio has a trade-in policy. In my case, it was easier to build a new unit rather than to ship mine back to get updated. If you live in the USA, mine will be available to demo

Last edited:

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Reactions: Alrainbow

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
The Pang Quad Switch has 4 switches it puts in a loop, which essentially quadruples the effect of the clock.

Attachments

• Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 14

keithc

Dec 31, 2022
I'm looking at a new digital source to replace the Aurender for my Lampi, and am very intrigued by LDMS.

Has anyone compared LDMS to the Lampi Gulfstream? Seem like they are both in the same space, both use Roon, Linux based, internal storage, etc.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Trigger @christoph as he heard both in his system. LDMS is Win based not Linux.
My logic is to get the product from the producer whose blood, sweat and tears are in it. In server arena from those two you mentioned choose the right answer.. ;)

Puma Cat

Feb 20, 2011
SF East Bay Area
Trigger @christoph as he heard both in his system. LDMS is Win based not Linux.
My logic is to get the product from the producer whose blood, sweat and tears are in it. In server arena from those two you mentioned choose the right answer.. ;)
I'd personally rather purchase product from a producer who understands the product functionality at the transfer function level...

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
I'd personally rather purchase product from a producer who understands the product functionality at the transfer function level...
Each to his own...

Reactions: iain

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Some companies are noted for their DACs, some for their Amps, and some for their servers. I trust in their expertise and follow that lead.

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
So I'm a little confused... The Pico says switching PS, but order form says external LPS included? I'm not even sure how I'm going to swing that. I've been considering used norms like Auralic, Aurender, Innuos... Or just get a good LPS for my Mercury streamer. I'm on the fence about how much a streamer could matter.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Help me understand what transfer function level means wow I’m confused and get how seem may feel of my posts

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
an auralic is a solid product , having said this it’s made for a consumer sound in my world

Be it taiko or LDMS or GULF they are far exceeding an AURALIC. Each track much less album has varying sounds where lesser servers or streamers homogenize sound.
when you go beyond just playing music this is the ground floor to start at.
it’s not just features alone , but devices made for sound with great features.
If you can’t hear the changes there is most times a bottle neck

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
So I'm a little confused... The Pico says switching PS, but order form says external LPS included? I'm not even sure how I'm going to swing that. I've been considering used norms like Auralic, Aurender, Innuos... Or just get a good LPS for my Mercury streamer. I'm on the fence about how much a streamer could matter.
I am getting a new LDMS later this week. I currently have a Mini in a Maxi LDMS that you could consider if you live in the USA. It has a secondary power supply and is only 18 months old. The Music Server makes a huge difference in my mind.

Powerman

Feb 15, 2023
I am getting a new LDMS later this week. I currently have a Mini in a Maxi LDMS that you could consider if you live in the USA. It has a secondary power supply and is only 18 months old. The Music Server makes a huge difference in my mind.
I would need the money for it first.

The Lampi kinda killed that. :)

jadedavid

Dec 13, 2022
I a, in the US and would be interested in discussing the possibility of acquiring your streamer

Reactions: Willgolf

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing